- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Take some extra time to explore the myriad attractions of Kolkata
- Experience a local overnight train from Kolkata to Siliguri
- 3 nights stay in Darjeeling to explore the surrounding hills
- Optional sunrise jeep trip to Tiger Hill or the steam train into the surrounding hills
The trip name says it all; the Chaos, Charm and the Calm. The Chaos comes first. In fact, it virtually hits you in the face - try crossing the road in Kolkata and you will understand this. What a city Kolkata is; manic, mad and magnificent in a fading and time ravished manner, but no visit to India is complete without spending a couple of days experiencing this charming place.
Equally, India is about train travel and so we include an overnight journey northwards to the foothills of the Himalayas and on to Darjeeling. Here is India’s most famous train trip of all; the Toy train of Darjeeling. The narrow gauge track winds its way through villages and towns and up into the mountains to the city of Darjeeling. This is where the calm takes over and we walk and relax in the hills, five hours away from the city on a small farm retreat.
Add in the splendour of the mighty mountains in Sikkim and its Buddhist charms, wildlife and spectacular drives in Nepal and you have a trip that you just should not miss.
Day 1: Kolkata
Day 2: Overnight train to Siliguri
Day 3 - 5: Darjeeling
Day 6 - 8: Karmi Farm
Day 9 - 10: Gangtok
Day 11 - 12: Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
Day 13: Chitwan National Park
Day 14: Khatauti Khola
Day 15: Kathmandu
Day 16: Kathmandu
- 20% Camping - 80% Hotels
- Overland expedition vehicle, 4x4, Canoe, Overnight train
- 2 Dragoman crew, Local guides where necessary
- Any international flights to West Bengal and from Central Development Region are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this India - the Chaos, Charm & Calm tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Dragoman. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 61 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 40 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
India - the Chaos, Charm & Calm tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this India - the Chaos, Charm & Calm tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.