- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn about the wildlife recovery programme at Lochmara on a guided conservation tour
- Take an underwater observatory tour with a marine biologist and learn about marine conservation in the Marlborough Sounds
- Enjoy included kayaking, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding) and hiking from your base at Lochmara Lodge
- Hike to the coastal paradise of Queen Charlotte Sound
New Zealand's south island is full of wonderful wilderness, which is why this adventure takes you off grid. Journeying into the thicketed heart of the South Island, you'll encounter unforgettable experiences every single day. Walk on a glacier, kayak in the Marlborough Sounds, learn yoga at an eco-retreat and bungy jump in Queenstown - and that's a small sample of the adventures awaiting you. This is the South Island unplugged, and it's utterly unforgettable.
Day 1: Wellington to Marlborough Sounds
Day 2: Marlborough Sounds
Day 3: Marlborough Sounds to Christchurch
Day 4: Christchurch to Mt Cook
Day 5: Mt Cook to Glenorchy
Day 6: Glenorchy
Day 7: Glenorchy to Queenstown
Day 8: Queenstown
Day 9: Queenstown
- We'll get 9 of your meals, you get the rest. You can expect an included breakfast most mornings, as well as an authentic Kiwi BBQ and a breakfast buffet with floor to ceiling views of Mt Cook. We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ, with killer tips to find the perfect flat white, hokey-pokey icecream or pulled lamb pie.
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life. An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps. Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
- Any international flights to Wellington and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Island Off-Grid tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 119 today.
- Save US$ 38+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Island Off-Grid tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 19 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Island Off-Grid tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Island Off-Grid tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.