- Explore the trails of Abel Tasman National Park by foot.
- Get an adrenaline rush in Queenstown.
- Cruise through the remote fjords of Milford Sound.
- Cycle the Otago Rail Trail
Now's the time to explore New Zealand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. If you prefer your travel experiences paired with adrenaline-pumping activities, then look no further than the South Island of New Zealand. Action is the common thread throughout this trip that features hiking, cycling, and even bungee jumping across a variety of landscapes — think rainforests, glaciers, and some of the most gorgeous coastline you’ll ever see. This trip is a, um, trip even when you’re not moving; accommodations include a wilderness hostel deep in the rainforest itself. Do people still say rad? Well, this is rad.
Day 1: Wellington
Day 2: Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park
Day 3: Abel Tasman National Park
Day 4: Abel Tasman National Park/Westport
Day 5: Westport/Franz Josef
Day 6: Franz Josef
Day 7: Franz Josef/Queenstown
Day 8: Queenstown
Day 9: Queenstown
Day 10: Queenstown/Te Anau
Day 11: Te Anau/Central Otago
Day 12: Central Otago
Day 13: Wedderburn/Christchurch
Day 14: Christchurch/Kaikoura
Day 15: Kaikoura/Wellington
Day 16: Wellington
- Hostels & basic lodges (15 nts, multi-share with 2-10 people).
15 breakfasts, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD335-435 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, ferry, bicycle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Excursion to Abel Tasman National Park
- Seal colony visit
- Walks in Abel Tasman National Park and Lake Matheson
- Milford Sound day cruise
- Cycling excursion (Central Otago)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand: South Island Encompassed tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 120 today.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand: South Island Encompassed tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 August 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 August 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand: South Island Encompassed tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand: South Island Encompassed tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 18 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.