- Active and outdoor
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the famous Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki (Included)
- Spend 2 nights in Queenstown (Included)
- Paddle a waka (Māori canoe) with your Haka group (Included)
Join us on this New Zealand adventure tour for thirteen unforgettable days exploring Wellington, Christchurch, Wanaka, Abel Tasman National Park, Franz Josef Glacier, Punakaiki and Queenstown – with the option to visit Milford Sound along the way.
We have some amazing included sights and activities over your 13 day action-packed adventure holiday in New Zealand. You’ll be strolling secluded beaches, whale watching in Kaikoura, traversing jaw-dropping mountain ranges, paddling a Māori waka, staying in a lush rainforest, being wowed by the stars at an International Dark Sky Reserve, admiring turquoise lakes, intriguing rock formations, blue glaciers, picturesque cities, quaint gold-rush towns and carving your own greenstone pendant – phew! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get this adventure started!
Plus feel free to add on your choice of activities along the way to maximise your New Zealand holiday. Perhaps you yearn to take on New Zealand’s highest bungy? Step right up! Want to experience a high-speed jet-boat ride through a canyon close to where jetboating was invented? You got it! Want to hike the blue ice of a glacier after a breathtaking helicopter ride? We know the place to go! Fancy a scenic flight over two World Heritage Parks? We’ve got it covered. If paragliding has been your dream, we know where to get the best air – and dream views!
**Backyard Beauties Tour Tips:**
- Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Wellington with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
- The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online.
Day 1 Wellington to Kaikoura
Day 2 Kaikoura to Christchurch
Day 3 Christchurch to Tekapo
Day 4 Tekapo to Queenstown
Day 5 Queenstown
Day 6 Queenstown to Wanaka
Day 7 Wanaka to Franz Josef
Day 8 Franz Josef
Day 9 Franz Josef to Punakaiki
Day 10 Punakaiki
Day 11 Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
Day 12 Abel Tasman
Day 13 Abel Tasman to Wellington
- High-end hostel accommodation
- 13 nights in high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard)
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Comfortable bus transport
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Fall in love with Wellington’s cafe and craft beer culture
- Whale Watching in Kaikoura
- Explore downtown Christchurch and see its inspiring regeneration since the 2011 quake
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo
- Unparalleled stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Visit the Mountain Jade Factory in Hokitika
- Visit the famous Pancake Rocks of Punakaiki
- Two nights and a full day to play in the coastal paradise of Abel Tasman National Park
- Learn to paddle a waka (Māori war canoe) along the Abel Tasman coastline
- Any international flights to/from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Backyard Beauties Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Backyard Beauties Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Backyard Beauties Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Backyard Beauties Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.