- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Washington D.C., USA
- Discover Washington DC with a local guide by your side
- Visit one of the capital’s hippest neighborhoods and check out its buzzing foodie scene
- Sample some allAmerican tasty treats
- Stroll past some of DC’s most historic venues and unique cultural sites
From Mexican to Middle Eastern, American to all things artisan, this Washington DC food tour reveals where to find the very best bites in DC. Sample everything from local craft beer to Ethiopian coffee, delicious and authentic tacos to the famous DC half-smoke sausage. As we swagger down the road, tasting the city as we go, your local guide will make you an expert on our city, from H Street and beyond.
You’ve seen the major sites in Washington DC — the Capitol Building, the Smithsonian Museums and the thought-provoking memorials — but did you ever wonder about the people who built this great city? Join us on a foodie tour of H Street, the neighborhood that housed the builders and artisans who built the city and made it come to life.
After introducing ourselves at the meeting point, we kick off the tour with a delicious snack from a local grocery store. Then we head to a cafe with freshly roasted, in-house coffee, where we may even meet the unofficial “Mayor of H St!”
We continue to make a loop around the H Street Corridor, visiting restaurants, markets, churches, and historic sites. Our foodie stops vary depending on what is available that day but we can promise a culinary rollercoaster ride through many of DC’s most authentic and delicious neighborhood spots.
Along the way, you’ll hear some amazing stories about the people who used to live and work in this district, learn how food has played a big part in bringing the community together and taste for yourself why DC’s food scene is enjoying a much-deserved resurgence.
After we have filled you up with some of the best food in the city, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the most from your stay in Washington DC.
- English-speaking guide
- Food and drink samples. Food and drink options may vary on each tour
- Depending on what is in season and what is available.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Lonely Planet Experiences: DC Food & History Tour on H St. tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lonely Planet Experiences: DC Food & History Tour on H St. tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lonely Planet Experiences: DC Food & History Tour on H St. tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC. On the east side of the entrance hall at Union Station, under the clock.Meeting end point :
Corner of 3rd St and H St NE.Lonely Planet extras
- Free access to the Lonely Planet mobile app for one year
- 25% discount on all items in the Lonely Planet Shop
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.