- Beer and drinks tasting
- Party and nightlife
- duration 2 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 21+ yrs
- max group size 5
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Taste delicious craft cocktails at some of Washington DC’s best bars
- Learn how prohibition shaped DC, and discover the speakeasies and rumrunners who influenced the city’s cocktail culture
- Find the best hidden spots to grab a drink in the Penn Quarter and Chinatown
- Observe the craft cocktailmaking process and pick up some tips on how to make your perfect tipple
This delicious tour will take you to the center of Washington DC’s craft cocktail scene as we visit some of the best bars in the city. Along the way, we’ll sample delicious libations, swap tales of speakeasies and rum-runners, learn how to make craft cocktails and discover some of the best hidden places to grab a drink in our nation’s capital.
Cocktails have been a major part of DC culture since the very beginning — George Washington even owned the largest distillery in the country! Join us as we explore the history of prohibition and cocktails in DC and learn how alcohol helped shape this country.
Your DC cocktail tour will start in Indiana Plaza, the site of the famous Temperance Fountain gifted to DC to show support for Prohibition. From there, we’ll take you to visit three of DC’s best cocktail bars where we’ll sample drinks, meet the people behind the bars, and observe how their craft cocktails are made.
We’ll regale you with tales of DC speakeasies, take you to bars you wouldn’t find on your own, to the penthouse for a breathtaking view of the of the city and everywhere in between.
Along the way, you’ll uncover how cocktails have played a massive part in DC’s history, learn how Prohibition shaped the city, and discover the local distilling movement that's returning. By the time you’re done, you’ll never look at cocktails in quite the same way.
- Local English-speaking guide
- First cocktail
- Light snacks.
- Additional food and drink
- bottles of spirits
- tips and gratuities for the guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this DC Craft Cocktail Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
DC Craft Cocktail Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this DC Craft Cocktail Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Indiana Plaza, in front of the Temperance Fountain. 678 Indiana Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004.You must bring government-issued photo ID as proof of age. Passports and/or driver’s licenses are acceptable.Meeting end point :
Dirty Habit, 555 8th St NW, Washington, DC 20004.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.