- A 7 day fly in, fly out alpine based learning environment high mountain hut based with the potential for planned bivouacs
- Learn new mountain skills and brush up on techniques
- Instructed by fully qualified IFMGA/NZMGA (NZ Mountain Guide Association) guides
- Receive a detailed instruction manual
- Join like minded companions and potentially find your next rope mate on tomorrows objectives
- Gain valuable experience through climbing a variety of alpine routes
- An ideal introduction to the world of climbing snow and ice
- Show more
Build upon basic knowledge to develop the full range of modern alpine climbing techniques in the heart of the Southern Alps. Experience is imperative before tackling any major mountaineering ascent. This comprehensive climbing course has been designed specifically for fit and motivated people who want to learn modern-day alpine climbing techniques and improve their basic mountaineering knowledge. The seven day course focuses on advancing your technical skills and developing a climbing strategy pertinent to alpine style mountaineering. In the company of professional NZMGA/IFMGA mountain guides you will gain valuable experience through climbing a variety of alpine routes as well as develop skills in mountain navigation, weather training, glacier travel and crevasse rescue training. Upon the successful completion of this course you will have learnt safe climbing practices and be capable of utilising your skills to attempt ascents of many of the major peaks within New Zealand and beyond.
Day 1 : Meet at Aoraki Mount Cook Village, fly to the mountains
Day 2-6 : Mountaineering, alpine climbing course
Day 7 : Navigation, climbing and return Aoraki Mount Cook Village
- Mountain hut accommodation on a multishare basis or camping
- All meals and snack foods whilst on the trip
- Helicopter or ski plane access and egress flights
- NZMGA and / or IFMGA qualified mountain guide
- Group equipment such as ropes, tents and stoves
- Course manual
- Department of Conservation fees
- NZ Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Use of climbing gear including climbing harness with adjustable leg loops, carabiners, belay device/descender, prussics & slings, helmet, ice axe, ice hammer, crampons
- Travel to/from Aoraki Mount Cook Village
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Personal mountaineering equipment not mentioned in inclusions (can be hired)
- Any accommodation and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Alpine Climbing Course tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 September 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 September 2022, a deposit of 477 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Alpine Climbing Course tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Alpine Climbing Course tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.