- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Classic Tuscan walking
- Picturesque landscapes and villages
- Enjoy famous local Wines like ‘Vernacchi’
Discover the stunning Tuscan countryside on foot. This walk threads together some of the most attractive towns and villages in Tuscany in an eloquent procession. It is a perfect introduction to the region and for people who love museums and galleries, Gothic and Romanesque architecture, there is plenty to see and do. You have plenty of time for attraction visits on most days. However the emphasis of the tour is to enjoy the countryside, the rolling vineyards, the poppies in spring and the wild cyclamen in autumn. Most of all, many of the views have changed little for hundreds of years. This is a relatively gentle tour that is suitable for those who are new to walking tours. More experienced walkers will also enjoy the classic Tuscan landscape of small but sometimes steep hills, olive groves and vineyards. We pass close to the classic wine-growing region of the Vernacchi and Chianti and visit the historic towns of Volterra, San Gimignano (with its famous towers), Colle Val d’Elsa and Siena. There is also an opportunity to visit Pisa with its famous attractions and if you decide to extend the tour by a day or two you can visit the celebrated city of Florence. The walking takes in classic Tuscan landscapes and as most days are not too long, you will have plenty of time to sightsee, or picnic.
Day 1 : Arrive Volterra
Day 2 : To Sensano 13 km / 8 miles, 5 hours
Day 3 : To San Gimignano 18 km / 11 miles, 5 hours
Day 4 : To Colle Val d'Elsa 12 km / 7.5 miles, 4 hours or 18.2 km / 11.3 miles, 5 hours
Day 5 : To Monteriggioni 17 km /10.5 miles, 5.5 hours
Day 6 : To Siena 20 km /12 miles 7 hours, or to il Ceppo 8.5 km / 5 miles, 2.5 hours
Day 7 : Arrangements end after breakfast.
- 2 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels, 1 night in a 4 star hotel, 1 agriturismo and 1 B&B on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 6 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Luggage transfer (1 bag per person not weighing anymore than 20kg)
- Information pack including route notes & maps
- Emergency hotline
- 4 evening meals, all lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 70 today.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tuscany on Foot tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 April 2021, a deposit of 342 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tuscany on Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tuscany on Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.