- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the old and new sides to Vilnius from a local perspective
- Take a stroll through the city's most unique neighbourhood, filled with vibrant bars, shops, cafes, and restaurants
- Have the best local beer at a favourite local haunt, and try some Lithuanian specialities
- Wander through Old Town and visit Napoleon's favourite church!
As if downing craft beers and eating local delicacies weren't enough, on this Vilnius tour you also get to see Napoleon's fave church and visit a unique boho neighbourhood — an independent republic that celebrates its Independence on April Fool's Day. And you thought Vilnius was going to be boring!
There are few capitals in Europe that can truly be described as hidden gems, but Vilnius is certainly amongst those few. Often overlooked for all the wrong reasons, this beautiful Lithuanian city boasts an ancient meets modern vibe, filled with historical sights and the cutting edge of cool, all at the same time! This Vilnius city tour will help you to discover all the excitement that Vilnius has to offer, from a local perspective.
Vilnius’ Old Town is a fascinating fusion of Lithuanian, Jewish, Polish, and Russian cultures, evident in the churches, shops, and all the delicious food you'll find in this area. Meet your local guide at Vilnius Cathedral, and wander the cobblestone streets, imagining what life was like centuries ago when this was a thriving medieval town. Stop in at a little church admired by many — this is the church that Napoleon visited and wanted to take home with him!
We'll continue to tour Vilnius by experiencing the hip, bohemian atmosphere of an independent district favoured by artists, musicians and free-spirited travellers. This neighbourhood even calls itself an Independent Republic, and even has a President, Premier, Constitution and Independence Day - celebrated on April Fools’ Day. Your local guide will be able to fill you in on all the local stories behind this district, and believe us, there are a lot! Gritty street art, colourful cafes, vibrant murals, interesting locals, and galleries brimming with paintings make this place a popular spot for photographers, so don't forget your camera! Here you’ll be able to snap the bizarre sights and unique wonders that make this neighbourhood so extraordinary.
Once you've had your quirky fix for the day, we’ll head back into the Old Town and finish this Vilnius tour in the best way possible — by savouring some traditional Lithuanian delicacies and a local beer (or non-alcoholic drink for the kids) from small local breweries.
At the end of the tour of Vilnius, feel free to ask for your guide's advice about other points of interest, or good local pubs or restaurants that are not to be missed — they're the experts, after all!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local beer tasting
- Smoked or dried fish tasting
- items of a personal nature and tips or gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Undiscovered Vilnius tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Undiscovered Vilnius tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Undiscovered Vilnius tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
By the steps to the entrance into Vilnius Cathedral Clock Tower.Meeting end point :
Užupis, Polocko str. 7 aCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.