- Walking tour
- Food tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Get the lowdown on Vilnius, one of Europe’s best kept urban secrets, on a private tour just for you
- Cruise through the winding streets of Old Town Vilnius past churches (there’s over 40!) exhibiting a feast of architectural styles
- Taste a selection of organic produce, homemade cakes and delicacies made with love in Lithuania
- Devour smoked meats, fish, and cheese at the best specialty delis of Old Town Vilnius
With a fascinating fusion of Jewish, Polish, Italian, and Russian influences, Vilnius is a cultural feast of architectural and culinary proportions. Get lost in the narrow streets of the Old Town Vilnius on this private tour, while sampling tasty treats and bold brews from specialty food shops, cafes and bars along the way! Does it get any better than that?
There are very few European capitals that can truly be described as hidden treasures, but Vilnius is certainly one of them. Its distinct architectural character and cultural richness shine bright despite the scars of Soviet rule. The oldest Baltic state, Lithuania also has deep culinary traditions, well known for their simple yet delicious dishes.
You’ll begin your private Vilnius walking tour in the Baroque, Gothic masterpiece that is the Old Town. This is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a bit of an identity crisis — is it Little Rome, North Jerusalem, or North Athens? Feels like them all!
From the grand Cathedral Square, we will take a stroll to discover some local Lithuanian culinary delights. On our way, we will discuss the fascinating history of Vilnius past and present.
Have you ever tasted acorn coffee or tried cold pink soup? Well now’s your chance! As we go from shop to deli, from café to bar, you will get a taste of Lithuania’s contribution to international cuisine. Although their stews are to-die-for, take note of the main deli-traction — the abundance of specialty meats and poultry hunted in Lithuania’s forests.
After celebrating the culinary traditions of medieval to modern Vilnius, you’ll likely want to revisit your favourite era after the tour. Make sure to ask your local guide for advice on other authentic bites and sites not to be missed. But be warned, you’ll want to take some time to walk off the feast you’ve just devoured.
(If you’d prefer to travel as part of a regular group experience, please book our Flavours of Vilnius group tour.)
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tastings in five cafes/shops/bars
- Five local drinks
- Additional food and drinks
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 13+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private Vilnius: Flavours of Vilnius tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private Vilnius: Flavours of Vilnius tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private Vilnius: Flavours of Vilnius tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Vilnius Cathedral’s belfry.GPS coordinates: 54.6846987, 25.2857536 Meeting point on Google MaMeeting end point :
Polocko str in Uzupis district of Vilnius Old Town.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.