- duration 11 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-31086
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Exploring the historic centres of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn
- The coastal scenery of the Baltic coast and the wildness of the national parks
- Discovering the small towns and villages along the route
A self guided supported cycle through Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia exploring the western coast and historical cities. Discover the contrasting characters of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia on this scenic self guided cycle route from Vilnius to Tallinn. While these three countries share the same Baltic coastline, their cultural differences will become apparent as you pedal at your own pace between the three capitals (Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn) and through the many small villages that have changed little over time. Following low traffic roads and dedicated cycle paths, the trip will showcase the diverse cultures, World Heritage sites and largely flat landscapes that make travelling in this region so different to anywhere else in Europe. From the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius, explore the island castle at Trakai, enter the previously off-limits Curonian Spit and marvel at the pilgrimage sight at the Hill of Crosses. In Latvia, dip your toes in the Baltic Sea at the white sandy beaches of Jurmula, visit Latvia's oldest Church and discover Gauja National park. Crossing into Estonia, pedal through Saaremaa Island to Sorve Peninsula with its famous lighthouse and visit the Kaali meteorite crater before completing the trip in Tallinn. A driver will transfer your luggage each day and provide assistance during the cycle day if required, while professional guides will take you on city tours in each capital.
Day 1 : Arrive Vilnius
Day 2 : Vilnius city tour, visit Trakai Island Castle, cycle and drive to Kaunas (33km/21mi)
Day 3 : Cycle along the Nemunas River then transfer to Klapeida on the Baltic Sea (40km/23mi)
Day 4 : Cycle along the Curonian Spit, ferry or bus to Klaipeda (57km/36mi)
Day 5 : To Palanga by bike (32km/20mi), drive to Hill of Cross and cross border to Riga
Day 6 : Morning Riga city tour, optional cycle to Jurmala Beach (30km/18.5mi), return to Riga
Day 7 : Cycle through the Gauja National Park (40km/25mi) to Sigulda
Day 8 : Transfer and ferry to Saaremaa island, explore by bike (38km/24mi), transfer to Mandjala or Kuressaare
Day 9 : Continue exploring Saaremaa Island by bike (46km/29mi)
Day 10 : Morning ride to Kaali meteorite crater, (40km/25mi), transfer to Tallinn
Day 11 : Trip concludes
- 10 nights in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 10 breakfasts - Breakfast will generally be buffet style with breads, cheese, some meats, spreads and perhaps yoghurt and muesli. There will also be juice, coffee and tea available.
- Internal transfers as described by air conditioned coach or minibus
- Support vehicle
- Speedboat from Nida to Klaipeda or minibus (day 4) and return ferry ticket to Saaremaa Island
- Guided 2 hour city tours in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius (entrance fees extra - payable locally)
- 24-speed bike rental with pannier, handlebar bag and helmet (electric bike available - supplement applies)
- Luggage transfer, 1 piece maximum 20kg and 1 small bag / backpack, supplement applies for excess
- Information pack with route notes and map (one set per room booked)
- GPS Tracks are available on request
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Vilnius and from Tallinn
- Meals not listed as included, drinks
- Optional 6 dinner package (3 course dinners) excluding Vinius, Riga and Tallinn, prebook, supplement applies
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Entrance fees not listed included
- Transfers not listed included
- Transfers by taxi or public transport if you need to skip a stage
- Excess luggage
- Guide – this is a self guided cycling holiday
- A supplement will apply if you book a single room
- Items of a personal nature
- Waterproof handlebar bag with smartphone holder - supplement applies
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lithuania to Estonia Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 May 2024, a deposit of 190 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lithuania to Estonia Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lithuania to Estonia Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.