- Bicycle tour
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Exploring the old towns of Vilnius and Warsaw designated as World Heritage sites by UNESCO
- Discovering the borderlands of Lithuania and Poland with their gentle hills, sandy plains, vast primeval forests, crystal clear lakes and deep river valleys
- Visiting Dzukijos National Park, the largest in Lithuania
- Biebrza National Park with its vast and relatively untouched fenlands
Cycle from Lithuania through national parks and via interesting towns to Warsaw in Poland. The borderlands of Lithuania and Poland are rich in natural features, with sandy plains, vast forests, crystal clear lakes and deep river valleys characterising the terrain. This supported cycle begins from the Lithuanian capital Vilnius and concludes in the Polish capital Warsaw, both famous for their UNESCO World Heritage listed Old towns. The program includes staying at the Druskininkai Spa Resort, cycling in Dzukija National PAN Park in Lithuania, cycling around Suwalki Lakeland with Wigry and Biebrza National Parks in Poland. Experience a variety of towns, villages and countryside for an excellent introduction to the distinct characters of these two countries, which had a common history known as the Polish – Lithuanian Commonwealth in the 16th to 18th centuries! The cultures, languages and cuisines add a fascinating dimension to this unique cycle journey.
Day 1 : Arrive Vilnius
Day 2 : Visit Vilnius and Trakai, cycle around Lake Glave (23km/14mi)
Day 3 : Cycle alongside the Nemunas River to Druskininkai (32 or 48km/20 or 30mi)
Day 4 : Transfer then cycle in Dzukija National Park (52km/32.5mi)
Day 5 : Cross the border into Poland, cycle via Suwalki to Wigry National Park (55km/34mi)
Day 6 : Loop cycle at Wigry National park (47km/29mi)
Day 7 : Transfer to Augustow, cycle on the GreenVelo to Biebrza National Park (57km/36mi)
Day 8 : Cycle the Royal Route through Biebrza National Park, transfer to Warsaw (39km/24mi)
Day 9 : Trip concludes
- 8 nights in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack (one set per room booked)
- 8 breakfasts and 4 dinners (does not include drinks). The breakfast and dinners are provided at your overnight hotel or a local restaurant. Breakfast will generally be buffet style with breads, cheese, some meats, spreads and perhaps yoghurt and muesli. There will also be juice, coffee and tea available. Dinners will be 3 courses with tea and coffee.
- Internal transfers as described by air conditioned coach or minibus
- Luggage transfers and support vehicle
- Bilingual tour guide (English and German speaking, days 2-8)
- Bike rental with pannier and helmet (electric bike available - supplement applies)
- Welcome briefing and welcome drink
- Mineral water during cycle days
- Entrance to museums: Grutas Park of Soviet Sculptures, Wigry Monastery
- Travel to Vilnius and from Warsaw
- Lunches, 4 dinners, drinks
- Tips for tour guide/s and driver
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Items of a personal nature - eg. phone calls, laundry
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lithuania and Poland Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lithuania and Poland Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lithuania and Poland Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.