- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- Swim alongside Vang Vieng's limestone karsts.
- Explore the countryside of Luang Prabang.
- Stay overnight in a local village along the Mekong River.
- Bargain for goods at a night market.
See a side of Southeast Asia that's further from the tourist track with this 14-day tour that takes you through Laos and northern Thailand. This itinerary brings you unique opportunities to learn about traditional village life by trekking through northern Thailand to explore peaceful towns among rice fields and settlements in rugged forests. Some of your accommodations are booked in local homestays, where you can prepare meals with hosts and get a true glimpse into daily life.
Day 1: Vientiane
Day 2: Vientiane/Vang Vieng
Day 3: Vang Vieng
Day 4: Vang Vieng/Luang Prabang
Day 5: Luang Prabang
Day 6: Luang Prabang/Pak Beng
Day 7: Pak Beng/Chiang Khong
Day 8: Chiang Khong/Chiang Mai
Day 9: Chiang Mai
Day 10: Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok
Day 11: Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam
Day 12: Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai
Day 13: Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 14: Bangkok
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (9 nts), homestay (1 nt) basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (1 nt).
10 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, slow boat, walking, songthaew, river raft.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, trekking staff.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mekong River Homestay & Baci Ceremony, Muang Pakbèng
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Luang Prabang
- Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai
- Slow boat up the Mekong
- Orientation walk of Luang Prabang
- Witness the giving of alms (Luang Prabang)
- Street food crawls
- Hilltribe trek
- Bamboo rafting
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 55 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 37 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 19 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.