- Cooking classes
- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike along Vang Vieng's limestone karsts.
- Discover the serenity of Luang Prabang with a sunset trek to Wat Phousi and visit the Kuang Si Waterfalls.
- Stay overnight in a local village along the Mekong River.
- Bargain for goods at a night market.
Now's the time to explore Laos and Thailand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Trek through lush green terrain visit diverse hilltribe villages, sit in the afterglow of a classic Mekong sunset, and, in Chiang Mai, fill up on savoury street food between stops at the bar. See a side of Southeast Asia not many get to experience, with choice and free time at every stop to help you make the most of it. Don't wait; the time to get out there is now.
Day 1: Vientiane
Day 2: Vientiane/Vang Vieng
Day 3: Vang Vieng
Day 4: Vang Vieng/Luang Prabang
Day 5: Luang Prabang
Day 6: Luang Prabang/Pak Beng
Day 7: Pak Beng/Chiang Khong
Day 8: Chiang Khong/Chiang Mai
Day 9: Chiang Mai
Day 10: Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok
Day 11: Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam
Day 12: Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai
Day 13: Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 14: Bangkok
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (9 nts), homestay (1 nt) basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (1 nt).
10 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, slow boat, walking, songthaew, tuk-tuk, river raft.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, trekking staff.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mekong River Homestay & Baci Ceremony, Muang Pakbèng
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Vang Vieng Nightlife, Vang Vieng
- Your Discover Moment: Luang Prabang
- Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Chiang Mai Celebration, Chiang Mai
- Guided hike in Vang Vieng
- Slow boat up the Mekong
- Orientation walk, Wat Phousi sunset trek, Kuang Si Waterfalls excursion and street food crawl in Luang Prabang
- Hilltribe trek
- Bamboo rafting
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos to Northern Thailand: Treks & Trails tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip. Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.