- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Spiritual or religious tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Rise with the sun and watch saffronrobed monks shuffle between houses, where the faithful wait with offerings as part of an alms giving ritual.
- See the crowningjewel of Laos' spiritual monuments – Pha That Luang, a shining Buddhist stupa that sits on ground that has been considered holy for thousands of years.
- Splash in the blue waters of Kuang Si Waterfall, where multitiered cascades ensconced by thick jungle give the appearance of a Laotian Eden.
- Give something back with a visit to Ock Pop Tok, a sustainable and ethical textile partnership helping women to earn a living.
A peaceful oasis among the chaos that defines much of Southeast Asia, Laos is a comparatively relaxed country that is nonetheless bursting with pride, history and colour. In this compact six-day trip, you’ll soak up the best of what Laos has to offer. Travel from the gilded capital Vientiane, where evidence of French colonial rule still exists among the myriad wats and stupas, to the lush forests and limestone cliffs of Luang Prabang.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Plenty to see and greatly organized.
Incredible guide who took us through a lot of the culture, history and day-to-day of this unique country.
Some infrastructure limitations, but nothing too bad when it comes to these unusual territories.”
- Hotel (5 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Plane , River boat , Private Mini van
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Vientiane - COPE visit
- Vientiane - Wat Sri Saket
- Vientiane - That Luang
- Vientiane - Victory Gate (Patuxai)
- Luang Prabang - Ock Pop Tok visit
- Luang Prabang - Night Market
- Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Traditional Arts & Ethnology Centre
- Luang Prabang - Mekong River cruise & Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Luang Prabang - Friends International dinner
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Luang Prabang are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Laos Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Laos Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 22 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Laos Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The heat can be challenging in the tropics. Be sure to dress accordingly and stay hydrated, especially in April and May.
- Laos is a beautifully laid back destination, but it's also less developed than most in South East Asia, so a little bit of patience goes a long way. Roads may be bumpy and journeys may take longer than expected.
- You will visit a number of temples which requires a level of modesty. You will need to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)