- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Luang Prabang Sleepy French Colonial riverside town with over 30 gilded temples
- Hanoi Wander through the bustling narrow streets of the Old Quarter lined with shophouses
- Halong Bay Traditional junk boat cruise through one of the most breathtaking limestone landscapes in South East Asia
- Hoi An Charming ancient merchant's town on the banks of the Thu Bon River
This comprehensive trip through Indochina takes us into Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. We travel by river, rail, road and even rickshaw as we explore the huge landscapes of these fascinating countries.
Luang Prabang - Soak up the city's charming mix of French colonial architecture and golden Buddhist temples
Halong Bay - Cruise through the incredible limestone landscapes on a traditional junk boat
Siem Reap - Explore the once-hidden jungle temples of Angkor
Might help to brush up on your French for Senegal - all menus tend to be in French and a lot of people don't speak English.
Live Premier footie on TV in Senegal, inc Sat 3pm matches :-)
Can get cooler during the middle of the night - I used layers.
Don't expect much from internet - if available, I can't remember ever being able to get it from my room.
Day 1 : Join trip in Vientiane
Day 2 : In Vientiane, explore the capital; free afternoon
Day 3 : Drive to Vang Vieng, afternoon at leisure
Day 4 : Free day in Vang Vieng. Optional visit to caves or kayaking on Nam Song River
Day 5 : Scenic drive to Luang Prabang crossing mountain passes. Sunset visit to Mount Phousi
Day 6 : Morning walking tour of Luang Prabang, Afternoon free
Day 7 : From Luang Prabang, visit Kuang Si Waterfalls; optional afternoon cycle to Lao Loum village
Day 8 : In Luang Prabang, free morning; fly to Hanoi, evening walk in Old Quarter
Day 9 : Discover the sights of Hanoi including the Old Quarter
Day 10 : Free time in Hanoi, then drive to Halong Bay
Day 11 : Cruise Halong Bay; from Hanoi overnight train to Hué
Day 12 : In Hué; boat along Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda
Day 13 : In Hué, visit the Imperial Citadel; free afternoon
Day 14 : Scenic drive via Danang to Hoi An
Day 15 : Free day to explore Hoi An; optional visit to My Lai
Day 16 : Visit to ancient My Son; free afternoon in Hoi An
Day 17 : Fly to Ho Chi Minh City; drive to Mekong Delta
Day 18 : Mekong Delta cruise, then drive to Ho Chi Minh City
Day 19 : In Ho Chi Minh City; explore Old Saigon, free afternoon
Day 20 : From Ho Chi Minh City, visit Cu Chi Tunnels
Day 21 : Discover the sights of Phnom Penh; free afternoon
Day 22 : Free day in Phnom Penh; optional visit to Silk Island
Day 23 : Drive to Siem Reap; cruise on Tonle Sap Lake
Day 24 : From Siem Reap, explore Angkor temples with sunset
Day 25 : From Siem Reap, explore Angkor Thom
Day 26 : From Siem Reap, explore Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat
Day 27 : Tour ends in Siem Reap
- 25 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- 5 nights simple hotel
- 19 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple overnight train
- 1 night simple homestay
- Bus, Boat, Flight, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jewels of Indochina tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 166 today.
- Save US$ 110+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jewels of Indochina tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 315 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 31 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Jewels of Indochina tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jewels of Indochina tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.