- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Vientiane Discover the golden temples and moving museums in the sleepy Laotian capital
- Vang Vieng Explore caves, cycle past rice paddies or kayak along the gentle Nam Song River
- Luang Prabang Witness hundreds of monks collecting alms at sunrise and sip French coffee whilst soaking up the atmosphere of this UNESCO World Heritage City
- Kuang Si Waterfalls Visit the impressive cascading falls, known for their incredible deepturquoise hue.
On this short trip we visit glittering temples, explore vast caves and underground caverns, witness monks collecting alms at sunrise and discover natural blue waterfalls, all inside of eight days. Luang Prabang - Soak up the city's charming mix of French colonial architecture and golden Buddhist temples Vientiane - Explore the sleepy Laotian capital and haggle for colourful goods at the river-side nightmarket Vang Vieng - Wander amongst the towering limestone karst scenery or kayak the gentle Nam Song River
Day 1 : Join trip in Vientiane
Day 2 : In Vientiane, explore the capital; free afternoon
Day 3 : Drive to Vang Vieng, afternoon at leisure
Day 4 : Free day in Vang Vieng. Optional visit to caves or kayaking on Nam Song River
Day 5 : Scenic drive to Luang Prabang crossing mountain passes. Sunset visit to Mount Phousi
Day 6 : Morning walking tour of Luang Prabang, Afternoon free
Day 7 : From Luang Prabang, visit Kuang Si Waterfalls; optional afternoon cycle to Lao Loum village
Day 8 : Trip ends in Luang Prabang
- 7 Breakfasts
- New Rose Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Diamond Gold Hotel (2 nights)
- Villa Kieng Kham Hotel (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Luang Prabang are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Laos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 45 today.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Laos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Laos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Laos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.