- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust and learn about the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife, humanwildlife conflict and antipoaching efforts.
- Pay the elephants and lions of Hwange National Park a visit in an openair safari vehicle, stopping along the way for the perfect wildlife photographs.
- Track rhinos on foot with an expert local guide in Matobo National Park – an exhilarating way to experience the wildlife of Zimbabwe.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient culture of the Venda people at a twonight village homestay in South Africa's Limpopo province.
This Lonely Planet Experience takes you through three of southern Africa’s most phenomenal game-viewing sites in search of the world’s most spectacular wildlife – Hwange National Park, Kruger National Park and Matobo National Park. Spend nine days in search of the Big Five (that’s lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants and buffalo) and more on this journey through South Africa and Zimbabwe. Plus you’ll enjoy time in a traditional village in the Limpopo province and visit South Africa's modern capital – all the while uncovering Africa's incredible and diverse natural beauty. Join Intrepid and Lonely Planet on an adventure into the wild.
Hwange National Park
Matobo National Park
Matobo National Park
Kruger National Park
Kruger National Park
- Camping with facilities (6 nights), Homestay (2 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , Open safari vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Hwange National Park - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive
- Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust Visit
- Hwange - Painted Dog Conservation visit
- Matobo National Park - Rhino Tracking, Open Safari Vehicle Park Visit & San Rock Paintings
- Makushu Homestay - Floor making, Beading, Cooking or Dancing
- Makushu Homestay - Morning hike
- Kruger National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Panorama Route - God's Window Viewpoint
- Panorama Route - Bourke's Luck Potholes
- Any international flights to Victoria Falls and from Johannesburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vic Falls to Kruger tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vic Falls to Kruger tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 15 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Vic Falls to Kruger tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vic Falls to Kruger tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- The African wild comes alive at sunrise, so there will be some early starts on this trip. The thrill of spotting your first lion or rhino will be well worth any loss of sleep!
- Please note that this trip can be partnered with other adventures to make a combination trip, which means that some of your fellow travellers may have begun their journey before today. If you’d like to spend more time in Africa, have a look at the ‘combos’ that include this trip’s itinerary, such as Explore Southern Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions