- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Track the Big Five.
- Feel the mist of Victoria Falls.
- Cruise the Chobe River at sunset.
- Camp in African wilderness.
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Culture? Check. Epic scenery? In spades. Animals? You bet. This 21-day tour is the ultimate expedition into southwestern Africa. Experience wildlife safari drives, leave footprints on the world's highest sand dunes, wonder at the majesty of Victoria Falls, and canoe through wildlife-rich deltas. Our overland adventure vehicles (OAVs) are an adventurous and inexpensive way to see the highlights while wilderness camping gets you closer to the region’s wildlife. Drift off to sleep to the call of cranes and awake to the rustle of elephants grazing on nearby riverbanks. It's better than any meditation soundtrack you've ever heard.
Day 1: Victoria Falls
Day 2: Victoria Falls
Day 3: Victoria Falls/Kasane
Day 4: Kasane/Gweta
Day 5: Gweta/Maun
Day 6: Maun/Okavango Delta
Day 7: Maun/D'kar
Day 8: D'kar/Windhoek
Day 9: Windhoek/Waterberg Plateau
Day 10: Waterberg Plateau/Etosha National Park
Day 11: Etosha National Park
Day 12: Etosha National Park/Spitzkoppe
Day 13: Spitzkoppe/Swakopmund
Day 14: Swakopmund
Day 15: Swakopmund/Namib Desert
Day 16: Namib Desert
Day 17: Namib Desert/Fish River Canyon
Day 18: Fish River Canyon/Orange River
Day 19: Orange River/Cederberg
Day 20: Cederberg/Cape Town
Day 21: Cape Town
- Participation camping (14 nts), permanent tented camp (1 nt), guesthouse (2 nts, multi-share with up to 10 people ), basic bush camping (2 nts), hostel (1 nt, multi-share with 3-4 people).
18 breakfasts, 17 lunches, 12 dinners
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), walking, mokoro, safari vehicle.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Dqae Qare San Lodge & Camp, Dekar
- Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion
- Waterberg Plateau visit
- Etosha National Park entrance with wildlife safari drives
- Entrance to Sossusvlei Dunes, Fish River Canyon, and Spitzkoppe
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Victoria Falls and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Africa Southbound: Dunes, Deltas & Falls tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 85+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Southbound: Dunes, Deltas & Falls tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Southbound: Dunes, Deltas & Falls tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Southbound: Dunes, Deltas & Falls tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.