- duration 36 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Begin your safari adventure at Victoria Falls, where you can marvel at the cascades and opt for bungee jumping or helicopter rides
- Camp out in the wilderness of Chobe National Park, listening out for the sounds of the nocturnal wildlife
- Admire the Zambian side of Victoria Falls and search for giraffes, elephants and more on safari in South Luangwa National Park
- Visit the Malawian capital of Lilongwe and spend three days camping along the shore of spectacular Lake Malawi, which takes up one third of the country
Starting at Victoria Falls, Africa's adrenaline capital and finishing in Nairobi this trip goes into adventure overdrive! Go in search of the Big Five on safari, gorilla trek through the jungle, laze on the beach in Zanzibar and cross the Equator on this is the adventure of a lifetime!
Day: 1 Victoria Falls
Day: 2 Victoria Falls
Day: 3 Chobe National Park
Day: 4 Livingstone
Day: 5 Lusaka Region
Day: 6-7 South Luangwa National Park
Day: 8-10 Lake Malawi Beaches
Day: 11 Iringa
Day: 12 Dar es Salaam
Day: 13-15 Zanzibar
Day: 16 Zanzibar
Day: 17-18 Arusha
Day: 19-21 Serengeti National Park
Day: 22 Nairobi
Day: 23-24 Masai Mara
Day: 25 Eldoret
Day: 26 Kampala
Day: 27-30 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 31 Kampala
Day: 32 Jinja
Day: 33 Lake Nakuru
Day: 34-35 Lake Naivasha
Day: 36 Nairobi
- 1st night dorm/camping in Victoria Falls and 31 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 30 breakfasts, 27 lunches, 29 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Victoria Falls Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP. Park entry and game drives - Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP, Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru NP South Luangwa and Chobe NP
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720 - 870pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $2100pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Big Five Explorer Safari Northbound - 36 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Big Five Explorer Safari Northbound - 36 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Big Five Explorer Safari Northbound - 36 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.