- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See herds of wild elephants in Chobe River
- Float in a dugout canoe in Okavango Delta
- Sleep under the stars in Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
Travel into the heart of Botswana to Chobe National Park and Savuti Marsh. Visit Moremi Game Reserve and Maun. Explore the Okavango Delta and travel to Gweta village, a Baobab forest, Makgadikgadi salt pans and Nata.
Day 1: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe - Chobe NP, Botswana (Day 1: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe - Chobe NP, Botswana)
Day 2: Chobe NP - Savuti Areas, Botswana (Day 2: Chobe NP - Savuti Areas, Botswana)
Day 3: Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana (Day 3: Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana)
Day 4: Moremi - Maun, Botswana (Day 4: Moremi - Maun, Botswana)
Day 5: Maun, Botswana (Day 5: Maun, Botswana)
Day 6: Maun - Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana (Day 6: Maun - Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana)
Day 7: Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana - Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe (Day 7: Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana - Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe)
- Shared camping accommodation
- Includes portable showers and bush toilets
- 6 Breakfast(s)
- 7 Lunch(es)
- 6 Dinner(s)
- Roundtrip transfer from Zimbabwe to Botswana
- All transport between destinations
- All transport on safaris
- Action packed game drives across Botswana
- Safaris in Chobe National Park
- Game drives in Moremi Game Reserve
- Visit the Okavango Delta
- Explore Makgadikgadi Pans
- English-speaking guide
- Single supplement for private upgrades
- Travel insurance
- Optional airport transfers
- Sleeping bag rental ($30 USD/person/trip to pay locally)
- Optional activities
- Optional pre & post tour accommodation
- Tips for guide
- Personal expenses
- Local Payment $440 USD (Chobe NP Entrance & Game Drive, Savuti Marsh Entrance & Game Drives, Linyanti March Entrance & Game Drives, Moremi Entrance & Game Drives and Okavango Delta Excursion)
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 20 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of Botswana Safari 7D/6N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Botswana Safari 7D/6N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
Departs on Thursdays Mid-March - November / Group Size: Max. 9 People
Optional Activities and Excursions:
(All prices subject to change and availability)
$135 USD Canoe Safari
$425 USD Scenic Overflight
$70 USD Game Drive
$20 USD Crocodile Farm Tour
$135 USD Bungy Jumping
$90 USD Gorge Swing
$45 USD Sunset Cruise
$130 USD White Water Rafting (seasonal)
$140 USD Scenic Overflight
As in many areas where tourism is an important contributor to the economy it has become customary to offer a small gratuity to local staff at the end of the tour if service has been of a high standard. Naturally this always remains at your discretion.
Required Local Payment
There is a MANDATORY local payment of $440 USD. US notes must be in clean, un-torn condition and be from after 2006. This payment included access to: Chobe NP Entrance & Game Drive, Savuti Marsh Entrance & Game Drives, Linyanti March Entrance & Game Drives, Moremi Game Reserve Entrance & Game Drives, Okavango Delta Excursion
Please contemplate bringing extra spending money for personal expenses during your trip: snacks, drinks, souvenirs, tips and souvenirs. As a general guideline we recommend budgeting US$10-15 per day. Most spending will be in Botswana Pula (for incidental expenses along the way, optional activities, most additional accommodation before/after the trip) but it’s a good idea to bring along some US$ cash for any international airport taxes or visas (US Dollars in clean, un-torn, post 2006 edition notes). Only Botswana Pula is accepted in Botswana. Don’t forget to allow money for before and after the tour if you are spending time in Victoria Falls.
- Spending money is best carried as cash in Botswana Pula or US dollars (US Dollars in clean, un-torn, post 2006 edition notes). Sterling or Euro can also be exchanged into local currency on arrival and as you travel. Your guide will give general guidance about spending during the tour.
- Currencies are as follows: US Dollar, Botswana Pula.
- ATM machines are found in Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Kasane and in Maun, Botswana although may be unreliable (so we ask that you please do not rely on them).
- Credit cards can be used to pay for some optional activities although fees for use may be higher than you are accustomed to at home.
- This is a full participation safari. You are asked to play your part in (for instance) pitching and striking camp each day. The safari operates in remote wilderness areas where facilities are few or non-existent and where we carry in and erect (and dismantle) the camp ‘bush’ toilet and ‘bucket’ shower each day. Please also note that the tour involves travelling each day and covers a considerable area: the Best of Botswana is essentially a ‘driving’ tour on mostly 4 x 4 tracks.