- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The unexplored north, including the Hindu temples of Jaffna
- Game drives in Wilpattu and Udawalawe National Parks
- Discover the ancient capital of Anuradhapura
- Climb the rock fortress at Sigirya for breathtaking views
Sri Lanka is a small county but it offers a range of sights and experiences that few destinations can match. This is the most comprehensive itinerary of the island that Exodus runs as it includes the undiscovered Northern provinces, an area where few tourists are yet to travel. From the ornate Hindu temples of Jaffna in the north and the secluded beaches of the east, to the wildlife of Udawalawe National Park in the south and the popular highlights of Sigirya and Kandy in-between; this is a trip that explores everything that Sri Lanka has to offer.
Day 1: Start Colombo; to Veyangoda.
Day 2: Head north to Anuradhapura via Wilpattu N.P.
Day 3: Sightseeing in Anuradhapura and Mihintale.
Day 4: To Jaffna via Tantirimalai.
Day 5: Visit the islands of Nayinativu and Delft.
Day 6: Jaffna sightseeing including the Hindu temple at Keerimale and Dambakola
Day 7: To Nilaveli, near Trincomalee; visit Kanniyai Wells en route.
Day 8: Free day to relax on the beach; optional trip to Pigeon Island.
Day 9: To Sigiriya via Trincomalee; afternoon climb the rock fortress.
Day 10: Bike ride through country villages; optional jeep safari.
Day 11: Drive to Kandy via Dambulla and spice gardens.
Day 12: Visit Temple of the Tooth, the Botanical Gardens and a gem factory; optional
Day 13: Visit a tea plantation, transfer to Ella.
Day 14: Udawalawe jeep safari, to south coast.
Day 15: Free day.
Day 16: To Colombo via Galle.
Day 17: End Colombo.
- 16 nights hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 4 lunches
- Travel by private bus, boat, bicycle and jeep
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs.
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Veyangoda and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North Sri Lanka Revealed tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 98+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Sri Lanka Revealed tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 280 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 30 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
North Sri Lanka Revealed tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Sri Lanka Revealed tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.