- Gain exclusive VIP Access to the secret passages of the Doge’s Palace
- Only tour in Venice that visits all these sites and explores the backstage of the Doge's
- Reveal Venice’s dark secrets, fascinating stories, and entertaining anecdotes.
- Get a comprehensive introduction of St. Mark’s Basilica and Skip-the-Line Tickets.
By exploring the secret passages, you get away from the crowds elsewhere in the Doge’s Palace and walk in the footsteps of Venice’s most colorful characters. Our favorite? Casanova, the legendary brigand (yes, he did exist!). As you’ll learn, he deserves all of the lore: Against all odds, he was able to escape his cell here in the palace, a cell you’ll get to see exclusively in the secret passages.
As well as hearing Venice’s juiciest stories, a visit to the secret passages means getting to walk through the hidden cells and rooms—parts of the palace that not only most visitors don’t see, but that the vast majority of Venetians in the past never knew about, either! Exploring the secret rooms, with their antique cabinets and creaky floors, will truly make you feel as if you’ve stepped back in time.
You will also discover the rest of the Doge’s Palace with your expert guide, from the Doge’s own lavish apartments to the Hall of the Great Council, where the city’s all-important general assembly made decisions. Admire the beautiful and dramatic paintings by Veronese and Tintoretto and explore the magnificent halls that demonstrate the prestige of the Most Serene Venetian Republic. What the Vatican is to Rome, the Doge's Palace is to Venice: For seven hundred years, the remarkable palace has been the home of not only the Doge, but of Venice’s (independent!) government, courts, and even prisons.
At the end of your Doge’s Palace Tour, get a comprehensive introduction of St. Mark’s Basilica and Skip-the-Line Tickets to explore the basilica on your own.
Leave no stone unturned—or door unopened—on this complete, comprehensive, and thoroughly VIP exploration of Venice’s most historic site!
****NOTE: Children under 6 are not allowed inside the Secret Passages so child price has to be from 7 upwards, no infants.
- Special access to the Doge’s Palace Secret Passages
- Skip-the-Line Tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica (non-guided)
- Tickets & reservation fees
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● The prisons and secret passages are not wheelchair-accessible, nor is the route suitable for those with walking disabilities or for pregnant women.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.