- Learn the secrets of the architectural marvel of Rialto Bridge & visit Rialto Fish Market
- Explore a maze of charming alleyways, bridges and palaces
- Get special access to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica with spectacular views
- Take a relaxed Gondola ride through the canals.
Next you’ll dive into the sestiere of Cannaregio, one of the loveliest, most authentic neighborhoods in Venice and home to some of the city’s finest hidden gems.
You’ll continue through Venice on foot. Stop to admire the House of Marco Polo, the unique treasure-box design of the church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli, and the Campo San Giovanni and Paolo, home to an incredible statue by Verocchio. You’ll even have time to stop at Campo Santo Maria Formosa, home to a variety of typical Venetian architectural styles and an amusing grotesque!
As you wind through Venice’s hidden alleyways, your local expert will regale you with tales of the city’s past—and with what it’s like to live on the island today. From real estate prices to how to get around when the city floods, you can ask your guide almost anything in your small group of no more than 12 fellow travelers.
Next it's off to the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before diving into St. Mark’s Cathedral - with access to the group entrance you’ll avoid long general access lines. Here you will get a deep look at the way that Venice built a mercantile empire that once spanned the entire Mediterranean. As you gape at the mosaics and other treasures inside, your expert Venetian guide will explain how the city begged, borrowed, and yes, stole, almost all of them as it grew from a tiny island to one of the biggest powers in the Medieval world.
The highlight of the tour comes at the end with an all-inclusive half hour gondola ride with a professional gondolier. With only 6 people maximum per gondola, your experience will be intimate and relaxing, as you punt through the quieter hidden canals of Venice. This is your time to relax, unwind, and enjoy the city at its best!
- Rialto Bridge
- Rialto Fish Market
- Fondaco dei Tedeschi (from outside)
- House of Marco Polo (from outside)
- Church of Miracles (from outside)
- Campo San Giovanni e Paolo
- Scuola Grande di San Marco, Venice's main hospital (from the outside)
- Bronze Equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni by Verocchio
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa
- Arch of Paradise
- Church of San Zulian (from outside)
- St. Mark's Basilica
- Gondola ride (30 minutes)
- Venice walking tour including local Venetian guide
- Skip the line access tickets at St. Mark’s Basilica
- Venice gondola ride with no more than 6 people (unguided)
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
● This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
● Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
● Please note that on Sundays the Rialto Market is closed.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.