- See all the tops sights in Venice in a single, unforgettable day.
- Stroll through the bustling aisles of the Rialto Fish Market
- Enjoy the sights from the Rialto Bridge in the morning before the crowds descend
- Skip the line at St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace
Start your day early on the Rialto bridge before the crowds arrive. After meeting your local Venetian guide and snapping some of those all-important pictures, its off to the Rialto Fish Market to learn about the rich culinary history of the city, get restaurant recommendations, and see how the chefs and mamas of Venice source their food.
Next you’ll set off into the most authentic and atmospheric neighborhoods in Venice for an intimate walking tour that will acquaint you with the city at street level. Along the way you’ll see the childhood home of Marco Polo, the Venetian merchant who brought Europe the first account of China; and discover how the “Church of Miracles” got its name – plus so much more!
It’s not all walking though. Because Venice is as much in the sea as it is on the land you’ll step into a gondola (max 6 people per gondola) for a relaxing, all inclusive ride through the world-famous canals. Considering that independent rides usually cost around €80, this is quite a bargain.
After disembarking, it’s time for some serious historical and artistic exploration. Skip the (usually long) line at St. Mark’s Basilica to gape at the incredible art and mosaics inside while hearing the unbelievable story of how Venice gained (and in some cases plundered) its treasures. You’ll also head off the normal tourist track to the special access terrace for a look at the famous horse sculptures and tiling as well as jaw-dropping views of Venice.
Next, it’s on to the Doge’s Palace which was the center of Venice’s maritime empire for hundreds of years. As you wander the corridors of power your guide will fill you in on all the skullduggery that went on behind the scenes, from Casanova’s prison break to the Duke whose faced was blacked out of every portrait and painting.
With our expert, English-speaking, local tour guides and intimate groups of 15 people or fewer, you’ll see a side of Venice that few visitors ever get to experience. We’re taking you under the skin of perhaps world’s most unique city, revealing the rich culture and history that sits just below the surface, just waiting to be discovered.
- Rialto Bridge
- Rialto Fish Market
- Fondaco dei Tedeschi (outside)
- House of Marco Polo (outside)
- Church of Miracles (outside)
- Campo San Giovanni e Paolo
- Scuola Grande di San Marco, Venice’s main hospital (outside)
- Bronze Equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni by Verocchio
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa
- Arch of Paradise
- Church of San Zulian (outside)
- Gondola ride (30 minutes)
- St. Mark’s Square
- St. Mark’s Basilica (with terrace access)
- Doge’s Palace (general access rooms)
- New Prisons
- Bridge of Sighs
- Venice walking tour including local Venetian guide
- Skip the line access tickets at St. Mark’s Basilica
- Special access to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Skip the line access tickets at the Doge’s Palace
- Venice gondola ride
- Headsets when necessary
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Transportation in between the tours
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
● After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
● This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
● The terrace of St. Mark's Basilica, the prisons and the armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible, as a result of which we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
● St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, we will give you explanations from the outside.
● Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.