- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
During the visit to Murano and Burano your guide will give you some explanations about the lagoon and the islands. Your first stop will be the island of Murano. Sometimes referred to as the “Island of Glass,” you will visit one of its famous glass factories and see the glass being manufactured and blown. But if you don’t want to, you will be able to walk around the island in total autonomy.
Then the excursion will continue to Burano and you will admire the natural environment and the minor islands spread all around you. Your guide will point out the major sights and explain the history and significance of the islands. Enjoy some free time (about 1 hour and a half) in a typical fishing island with colorful contrasts and chocolate-box painted houses! In Burano you will also have the opportunity to visit a traditional lace store, a true peculiarity of the island.
This involving Murano and Burano tour allows you to discover the two most important Venice lagoon islands in less than five hours while enjoying the fascinating Venetian lagoon.
- Guided tour
- Return boat journey
- What is not specifically mentioned in 'Product inclusions'
• Google Maps Coordinates: 45.433696, 12.341221. Directions to get to the tour departure point from St. Mark's Square (approx. 2-minute walk) - from the main entrance of the Doge's Palace proceed toward the lagoon - after the 2 columns of St. Mark and St Todaro, turn left - go straightforward along the Doge's Palace and cross the bridge - you will find the yellow desk just after the bridge
• COLLECTIVE TOUR (there might be other participants going on the tour with you).
• The tour is not suitable for WHEELCHAIR USERS.
• There is a SHORT WALK from the meeting point to the point of embarkation.
The stop in MURANO (approx. 1 hour) allows you an optional visit to a glass factory with a short demonstration of the art of blown glass, and also some free time. During the stop in BURANO (approx. 1 hour and 30 min.) you can visit a store of laces or you can enjoy of some free time. If the optional visits in the program are not undertaken, you are strongly required to comply with the timetable set out by the staff: the excursion will head back at the scheduled time, without waiting.
• MULTILINGUAL TOUR.
• The tour has a VARIABLE DURATION (4 hours/4 hours and 30 min.) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel used.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a NO SHOW (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher). Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the departure point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that will prevent you from being at the meeting point in time for the departure.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.