- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- Discover magical Venice with a local by your side
- Drink like a Venetian at some of our favourite and most authentic bacari wine bars
- Cross the famous canal on a traghetto gondola like the locals do and explore the heart of the city: Rialto.
- Taste flavoursome regional wines and mouthwatering local cuisine
Join us for a tasty initiation into Venetian culture and discover some of the city’s top highlights, alongside a few hidden spots that only the locals know about! Learn the secrets of the Italian aperitivo, try some of the best wines from the Veneto and taste traditional local dishes on an Italian adventure you’ll never forget.
This tour is the perfect introduction to Venice, giving you an overview of the city’s unrivalled history and a taster of its world-famous cuisine.
Your adventure begins in the Cannaregio neighbourhood, one of the few remaining residential areas of Venice, known for being a popular afterwork meeting spot for thirsty locals. We will take a gentle stroll around and chat about its 1,000 year history and your local guide will offer suggestions on other things to see and do during your stay.
A ride in a traditional, stand-up traghetto gondola is next as we cross the Grand Canal the way the locals do.
Once in Rialto, the food tasting can begin! A briefing on local products at the market (only available in the morning tour) preceeds our first stop at a small eatery, owned by a group of young locals with a passion for experimenting with traditional recipes, giving them a modern twist. Expect dishes such as black ink calamari, polenta with seafood or seasonal vegetables (served in elaborate dishes).
Our second foodie stop is a historic spot which will help you better understand the envy-inducing culture of bacari in Venice and how to enjoy this experience while you’re flying solo around the city.
A few secret and hidden spots near the Rialto are up next, which will demonstrate the importance of moving just one street away from the tourist hordes, to get a little slice of Venice to yourself.
The tour will end at the iconic Rialto bridge, which is surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Your guide will be happy to help you with recommendations for continuing the fun or with directions to help you back to your accommodation.
- Local English speaking guide
- Traghetto gondola crossing
- Rialto food market visit
- Food and wine travel advice for your days in Venice.
- Additional food and drinks
- vaporetto tickets
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 177 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Cicchetti & Wine Tour of Venice Shore Excursion With Return Port Transfers tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cicchetti & Wine Tour of Venice Shore Excursion With Return Port Transfers tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Venice Cruise Terminal, in front of the luggage deposit of Terminal 103 Meeting end point : At the Goldoni Statue in Campo San Bartolomeo to take the vaporetto back to the Cruise Terminal.