- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover magical Venice with a local by your side
- Drink like a Venetian at some of our favourite and most authentic bacari wine bars
- Cross the famous canal on a traghetto gondola like the locals do and explore the heart of the city: Rialto.
- Taste flavoursome regional wines and mouthwatering local cuisine
Join us for a tasty initiation into Venetian culture and discover some of the city’s top highlights, alongside a few hidden spots that only the locals know about! Learn the secrets of the Italian aperitivo, try some of the best wines from the Veneto and taste traditional local dishes on an Italian adventure you’ll never forget.
This tour is the perfect introduction to Venice, giving you an overview of the city’s unrivalled history and a taster of its world-famous cuisine.
Your adventure begins in the Cannaregio neighbourhood, one of the few remaining residential areas of Venice, known for being a popular afterwork meeting spot for thirsty locals. We will take a gentle stroll around and chat about its 1,000 year history and your local guide will offer suggestions on other things to see and do during your stay.
A ride in a traditional, stand-up traghetto gondola is next as we cross the Grand Canal the way the locals do.
Once in Rialto, the food tasting can begin! A briefing on local products at the market (only available in the morning tour) preceeds our first stop at a small eatery, owned by a group of young locals with a passion for experimenting with traditional recipes, giving them a modern twist. Expect dishes such as black ink calamari, polenta with seafood or seasonal vegetables (served in elaborate dishes).
Our second foodie stop is a historic spot which will help you better understand the envy-inducing culture of bacari in Venice and how to enjoy this experience while you’re flying solo around the city.
A few secret and hidden spots near the Rialto are up next, which will demonstrate the importance of moving just one street away from the tourist hordes, to get a little slice of Venice to yourself.
The tour will end at the iconic Rialto bridge, which is surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Your guide will be happy to help you with recommendations for continuing the fun or with directions to help you back to your accommodation.
- Local English speaking guide
- Rialto food market visit
- Food and wine travel advice for your days in Venice.
- Traghetto gondola crossing fee (2 EUR per person in cash to pay at the time of crossing)
- Items of a personal nature
- and tips or gratuities for guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Cicchetti & Wine Tour of Venice tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 101 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Cicchetti & Wine Tour of Venice tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cicchetti & Wine Tour of Venice tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Campo della Maddalena, Cannaregio.Meeting end point :