- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Exploring the magical city of Venice
- Cycling along the Adriatic coast and across two European borders
- Discovering the history of the Venetian Republic
- Enjoying the culinary specialties such as marinated sardines and spicy meatballs
Cycle the Adriatic coast from Venice through Slovenia to Croatia. Explore three countries by bike in one week, cycling between Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. The history of the Republic of Venice provides the background to the entire trip. From the canal city of Venice, pass beaches, simple fishing villages and grand palaces as you make your way along the coastline and to the plain of Friuli. Ancient Roman towns and numerous castles are dotted on the route to the lively harbour city of Trieste. With two border crossings to cycle through, the journey ends on the beautiful Croatian coastline in the town of Porec. Staying in specially chosen hotels in the historic centres or along the coastline, this cycle journey offers a perfect combination of historic towns and seaside landscapes.
Day 1 : Arrive Mestre/Venice
Day 2 : Ferry to Punta Sabbioni, cycle to Caorle or surrounds (40 or 65km/25 or 40mi)
Day 3 : Head north towards the Julian Alps to Portogruaro (60 or 40km/37 or 25mi)
Day 4 : Cycle by ancient roman towns to Aquileia/Palmanova (60 or 70km/37 or 43.5mi)
Day 5 : Cross the river Isonzo and cycle towards the Gulf of Trieste (70 or 50km/43.5 or 31mi)
Day 6 : Cycle across the Slovenian border to the spa town of Portorož (45km/28mi)
Day 7 : Continue to the salt mines of Secovlje, cross the Croatian border to Porec (55km/34mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow €10-15) - upgrade to Category A hotels (3-4 star) - supplement applies
- Information pack including route notes and maps per room booked
- 7 breakfasts - varied buffet breakfasts are served
- Luggage transfers
- Ferry and vaporetto transfers on day 2 from Venice to Punta Sabbioni (ACTV 24-hr ticket - note bike not included, allow EUR4) (except private transfer for 14 Jul departure)
- 27 speed touring bike rental with pannier, puncture resistant tyres, gel saddle and helmet (premium and electric bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Bike insurance for theft and damage
- Emergency hotline
- Welcome briefing
- Lunches, dinners and drinks
- Transport to and from Venice / Porec
- Local hotel taxes
- Tour guide - this is a self guided tour
- Items of a personal nature including optional train tickets
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Ferry boat Porec to Venice at the end of the tour - ask for our rates.
- Hotel taxes (allow €10-15pp, payable locally)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 55 today.
- Save US$ 36+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ancient Venetian Empire by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Ancient Venetian Empire by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ancient Venetian Empire by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.