- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit a traditional Norwegian summer farm, historic stave churches; spot moose and reindeer
- Follow in the footsteps of St Olav on the Pilgrim's Road
- Outstanding hospitality in a 3 star family run hotel with sauna
Our new 7 night guided holiday is set in Venabu in central Norway, on the edge of the Rondane National Park, looking down on the Gudbrandsdalen Valley, just north of Lillehammer. The landscape is dramatic and full of contrasts from spectacular gorges and lofty peaks to pretty fells and verdant valleys that extend as far as the eye can see. This is Norway's vast yet beautiful, untouched wilderness at its very best.Your hosts for the week - assisted by knowledgeable local guide, Joy O'Flanagan - are the Tvete family, who have been looking after guests at the Venabu Fjellhotel for over 50 years. Birgit and Arvid Tvete built the hotel from scratch, choosing the original plot because of its tremendous views. Now run with daughter Line in charge, it has developed into a friendly, relaxing 'home from home' in a fabulous setting. The dining room - which offers a spectacular Scandinavian buffet - affords glorious panoramic views out across the mountains.The food is all traditional Norwegian cuisine. Breakfast is a continental buffet with the highlight being the selection of tasty local cheeses. Picnic lunches, along with filed flasks, are provided daily, whilst dinner will either consist of an extensive hot and cold buffet or a set dinner.
- All accommodation
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 Nights, single centre
- 6 Days walking
- Services of an experienced walking guide
- All meals
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Venabu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guided Walking in Venabu, Norway tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 112+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Guided Walking in Venabu, Norway tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 320 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Guided Walking in Venabu, Norway tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Guided Walking in Venabu, Norway tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.