- Kayaking and canoeing
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Paddling amongst tropical islands and exploring coral reefs
- Relaxing on white sandy beaches
- Experience local hospitality and culture
- Enjoy a traditional Polynesian 'umu feast
Explore Tonga on this kayaking adventure while experiencing traditional village lifestyle, on the tropical Vava'u Island Group in the South Pacific. Experience five memorable days of stunning kayaking and snorkelling in azure blue coral rich waters, visit remote island villages and enjoy camping in picturesque, tropical Tonga. On this adventure, we have time to paddle to Vaka'eitu and Nuapapu Islands on the western fringe of the Vava'u Island Group before exploring the more central islands. This relaxing kayaking adventure is complete with the pristine coral reefs, palm trees and sandy beaches of the South Pacific.
Day 1 : Join Vava'u, Tonga, overnight apartment or guesthouse
Day 2 : Kayaking to Vaka'eitu Island (Base Camp)
Day 3 : Kayaking in the Vava’u Archipelago
Day 4 : To Euakafa Island and Taunga Island
Day 5 : Rest Day
Day 6 : Explore the Vava’u Archipelago
Day 7 : To the Port of Refuge, overnight apartment/guesthouse
Day 8 : In Vava'u, transfer to airport, trip concludes
- 2 nights' accommodation (based on room only; double occupancy) at Boathouse Apartments or Pulekoleva Guesthouse (subject to availability). Optional upgrade subject to availability (additional cost applies).
- Return airport transfers (on Days 1 and 8 only) between Lupepau'u Airport (Vava'u) and your accommodation. A transfer surcharge applies to upgraded accommodation.
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners (includes a traditional ’umu feast)
- Internal land transfers (not boat transfers)
- Professional guides
- Double sea kayaks (singles on request depending on group numbers and experience), paddles, PFD's (life jackets) and safety equipment
- 2 person tents
- Sleeping mats
- Group camping equipment (excludes sleeping bags)
- Group first aid kit
- International and domestic flights
- Arrival and departure transfers (other than Days 1 & 8)
- Snorkelling gear
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls etc.
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Visa, passport and vaccination fees
- Sleeping bags
- Optional excursions
- Excess baggage charges and emergency evacuation costs
- International to domestic airport taxi fares in Tongatapu (approx. T$10 per person to be paid locally in Tongan pa'anga cash)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tonga Kayak Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 December 2021, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tonga Kayak Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tonga Kayak Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.