- Experience the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel at night; just like the Pope himself
- Enjoy the Museums without the crushing
- Discover Vatican City’s crown jewels—the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel—in peace
- Go at your own pace and get all of your questions answered
Experience the Vatican like almost no one else gets to—at night! This is the time when the Vatican palaces are at their most peaceful, tranquil, and lovely and quieter than regular visiting hours.
We start at the Vatican Museums, part of the Papal Palaces. In echoing, elaborate halls and galleries, your Vatican expert will bring the Church’s fascinating history to life—from St. Peter’s martyrdom to the modern Vatican City. Since your group is a maximum of just 15 people, you’ll have plenty of time to get all of your questions answered.
You’ll also explore some of the finest ancient sculptures and Renaissance art in the world, including Raphael’s School of Athens, the Hellenistic Laocoön, and the beautiful Apollo Belvedere.
The pièce-de-resistance of your experience, of course, is the Sistine Chapel, the private chapel of the Pope. In the evening light—and without the tourist hordes—get a sense of the kind of intimate atmosphere the Pope himself would have enjoyed here. As you admire Michelangelo’s famous frescoes, your Vatican expert reveals their stories, secrets and what makes them so special.
- Skip the Line Access tickets to the Vatican Museums (with special late entry)
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● As with all museums, particular galleries of the Vatican museums can sometimes be closed without prior notice and pieces removed for restoration or loan. In the case of a gallery being closed, your guide will take you to another section of the museums instead
● Also, please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please note that, since the chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the holy areas.
● Please note that St. Peter’s Basilica is closed at the time of this tour and therefore cannot be visited on this tour, nor can access be provided from the Sistine Chapel, as it can on other tours.
● While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. As a result, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on any of our group Vatican tours.
● Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.