- Climb to the top of St. Peter’s Basilica Dome with pre-reserved, all-inclusive tickets
- Explore inside St. Peter’s Basilica with an expert guide to point out incredible details
- Explore the crypts beneath the Basilica, the final resting place of St. Peter
- Marvel at the stunning architectural feat that is St. Peter’s Square
Our expert guides will take you inside the history and improbable construction of this masterpiece of Renaissance and Baroque architecture beginning in St. Peter’s Square and moving to St. Peter’s Dome.
Climb to the top of St. Peter’s Dome to gaze out over all of Rome with highlights pointed out by your guide. If any guests are afraid of heights or claustrophobic, this section is easily replaced with an extended tour of the Basilica including the Treasury Museum.
Back at ground level you’ll visit St. Peter’s Basilica; the most important church in all of Christendom. You will be treated to the secrets of the great works of religious art contained within, including Bernini’s bronze baldachin, the baptismal font, and Michelangelo’s ‘Pietà' – an incredibly lifelike sculpture of the Virgin Mary holding the lifeless body Jesus..
Finally, we head down into the crypts to pay respects at the tombs of some of Christianity’s most venerated figures: St. Peter, the Blessed Pope John XXIII, and the Blessed Pope John Paul II.
With your own dedicated tour guide throughout, your tour will move at a pace that suits you. Plus you’ll have time to ask as many questions as you want — a good thing too since this is easily the most fascinating structure in all of Rome.
- Entrance to St. Peter’s Basilica & St Peter’s Basilica Dome
- All tickets & reservation fees
- Private, dedicated expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Please remember that St. Peter's Basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
● St. Peter's Basilica is subject to unforeseen closures due to Vatican affairs. In the event that this happens, Walks of Italy will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule. In the rare case that the tombs are closed we will spend extra time in St. Peter's Basilica and Square.
● Small bags and umbrellas are permitted inside the Basilica. However, large bags and objects must be left at the bag check situated at the entrance of St. Peter’s Basilica, next to the official audio-guides desk.
● Please note that skip the line access is not possible at the dome or at St. Peters Basilica's security line (although it is possible for guests entering via the Vatican Museums, who use a different door), so you may need to spend some time in unavoidable queues. Your guide will use the time well though, entertaining you with stories and pointing out the incredible details of St. Peter's Square.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.