- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- City sightseeing
- Local boat rides
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cruise the Ganges River and observe local traditions and rituals.
- Explore Varanasi's Old City and marvel at its ghats.
- See where Lord Buddha preached his first sermon
A perfect add-on to any trip to India, explore the mystical and holy Hindu city of Varanasi. Take memorable sunset and sunrise boat trips down the Ganges River and be enthralled by the thousands of devotees who come to the banks of the river to absolve themselves of their sins. Witness the bathing ghats and centuries-old temples, and explore the narrow winding lanes in search of exquisite silks, brassware, and stunning saris. Also visit Sarnath, known as the birthplace of Buddhism and the site of the enlightened Buddha’s first sermon.
Day 1: Varanasi
Day 2: Varanasi
Day 3: Varanasi
- Comfort hotels (2 nts).
Note: Allow USD80-105 for meals not included.
- This tour is an Independent Adventure with no group and no CEO (Chief Experience Officer). A G Adventures representative will meet you and give you a briefing to start your trip and there will be local guides provided at the included sights.
- Arrival transfer
- Varanasi city tour
- Sunset and sunrise boat trip on the holy Ganges River
- Guided excursion to Sarnath
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Varanasi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Varanasi Independent Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Varanasi Independent Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Varanasi Independent Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Varanasi Independent Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 2 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Independent TravelIndependent trips are either entire trips you take privately or solo extensions to a group tour. Local staff are available on standby 24/7.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.