- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Embrace the local rituals and customs at our homestay in Varanasi. Upon arrival, be treated to a homecooked meal, sharing food and interacting with your warm and welcoming hosts.
- Spend sunrise cruising along the Ganges, watching Varanasi emerge into a new day, passing the many ghats and temples along the river banks while pilgrims wash themselves in the holy waters.
- Head out of town to Sarnath and visit the place where Gautama Buddha first began his teachings of the sacred Dharma.
Explore holy Varanasi on an insightful Short Break Adventure – an atmospheric blend of temples, river ghats, and bustling bazaars. Cruise along the Ganges at dawn for a magical experience as the sun rises over groups of pilgrims absolving sins in the river. Explore the city and nearby Sarnath and wander independently through the bright bustle of the backstreets of the city. Visiting Shiva's city is a must on any visit to India, and this four-day adventure is a perfect addition to your Indian exploration.
Sarnath - Varanasi
- Homestay (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Cycle rickshaw , Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Varanasi - Family dinner
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Varanasi - Ganges candle flower ceremony
- Varanasi - Sarnath excursion
- Varanasi - Silk weaving centre
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Any international flights to/from Varanasi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Varanasi Homestay Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 11+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Varanasi Homestay Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Varanasi Homestay Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Varanasi Homestay Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a join-in trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities. As this is not a group itinerary you may be travelling or accommodated on your own, without other Intrepid travellers. If you would prefer the experience of travelling with others, please consider the North India Highlights adventure – search trip code HHKH on the Intrepid website for more information.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description