- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get wild in Jasper National Park, where it’s possible to spot moose, elk, deer, bears and coyotes among the sea of evergreen pine and spruce trees.
- Take an included canoeing adventure and camp overnight on the remote shore of Clearwater Lake, where you can fall asleep under a blanket of stars.
- Enjoy plenty of free time to explore Canada’s premier outdoor adventure hub, Whistler, at your own pace. Hike rugged trails or munch on ‘beaver tails’ – the choice is yours.
- Lakes, mountains, glaciers: the Rockies feature an array of striking landscapes that are remarkable no matter what time of year you visit.
Explore Canada’s Rocky Mountains on a 15-day Lonely Planet Experience tour, powered by Intrepid. Walk the streets of Vancouver, hike the trails of Jasper and Banff, meander along the river in Yoho National Park and soak up the superb alpine scenery. Spot native moose and bears and unleash your inner daredevil with a range of potential escapades – mountain biking or river rafting, anyone? With a mixture of included activities and optional extras, you get to decide just how active or relaxed you want this adventure to be. Jump in feet first and immerse yourself in the beauty of Canada in this outdoor experience.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Wells Gray Provincial Park
Wells Gray Provincial Park
Wells Gray Provincial Park
Jasper National Park
Jasper National Park/Maligne Lake
Banff National Park
Lake Louise/Banff National Park
Yoho National Park/Golden
Glacier National Park/Kamloops
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night), Camping (with facilities) (12 nights), Hotel (1 night)
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Wells Gray Provincial Park
- Overnight Canoe Trip
- Jasper National Park - Entrance Fee
- Visit to Maligne Lake
- Banff National Park
- Visit to Lake Louise
- Visit to Moraine Lake
- Yoho National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Mt. Revelstoke National Park
- Rogers Pass Discovery Centre
- Any international flights to/from Vancouver are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Canadian Rockies tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 102+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Canadian Rockies tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 15 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Canadian Rockies tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Canadian Rockies tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As Canada is a huge country, this trip covers a lot of ground. Please be prepared for some long days of driving. You'll be travelling in a van with a group, so conditions may feel a little cramped. We think this is all part of the adventure of road travel, and friendships form fast in tight quarters.
- As we're travelling through the mountains, the weather can be unpredictable. We advise wearing layers in all seasons in case conditions change during the day. We really can’t stress this enough – even in the warmer months the temperature can be very low in the mountains.
- While this trip doesn't require a high level of fitness, for you to get the most out of the included and optional activities we recommend you are moderately fit. The hikes are a real highlight of this trip and give you access to some fantastic scenery as well as the chance to see native flora and fauna.
- This is a participatory trip. That’s a fancy way of saying you’re not just along for the ride – you are part of a team! You know the phrase ‘the more you put in, the more you get out’? Well that’s extra true on this trip. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and help with camp activities like food prep and washing up.
- That teamwork also extends to our optional food kitty of approximately CAD 90 per week to cover the cost of meals. This kitty saves you worrying about stuff like where to get food or what exactly sales tax is and helps keep your costs down. Instead of paying individually as you go, it means we can bulk purchase items and cook our own food – though there’s always the chance to use it for the occasional pizza night! The kitty is optional and for your convenience, so if you've got specific dietary requirements you can opt out and purchase (and cook) your own food.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions