- duration 8.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Chilean culture and traditions outside Santiago in the UNESCO World Heritage city of Valparaiso
- Experience the city’s bohemian lifestyle aboard public transportation, in its murallined streets
- Admire the immense Pacific Ocean from a beautiful lookout point, taking in the colourful houses of the surrounding hills
- Take a ride on the famous Ascensores de Valparaiso, unique hillside elevators that date back to the 19th century
Prepare your senses to discover Valparaiso through its traditions, artistic expression, and cultural idiosyncrasies. We’ll take you to the shores of the Pacific to admire the colourful houses, graffiti and murals, and historic hillside elevators of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Escape land-locked Santiago to the shores of the Pacific and experience local life in the seaport city of Valparaiso. A city of lights and an important site of Chilean culture and traditions, you can find bohemian life and artistic expression everywhere here.
We’ll hop on a local bus and leave Santiago for Valparaiso, travelling just as the locals do. Once we’ve arrived in the city, we’ll travel on public transport, and hop aboard the famous Ascensores de Valparaiso, hillside elevators that are part of the unique identity of this UNESCO city.
This Valapariso tour will take you to a lookout point to admire the immensity of the ocean that quietly baths the bay of the Pacific coast. We’ll explore Valpo as it’s known to locals; from the hillsides lined with colourful houses to the streets painted with graffiti. And in between exploring, we'll be sure to grab lunch from a local spot.
After learning the stories and curiosities of Valparaiso and Chilean culture, we’ll take the bus back to Santiago with some new Chilean slang and our soul full of bohemian spirit!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Additional food and drinks
- items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Colours of Valparaiso (departing from Santiago) tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 114 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Colours of Valparaiso (departing from Santiago) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Colours of Valparaiso (departing from Santiago) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Pajaritos metro station, line 1, Metro of Santiago. Just outside the metro exit gates (when you go upstairs the train line), in front of the information board “INFO METRO”.Meeting end point :
Metro Station Pajarito