- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Gozo Two full days of varied sightseeing and short walks on Malta's unspoilt sister island
- Megalithic Temples Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Ggantija, Hagar Qim and Mnajdra
- Grand Harbour Cruise and the Three Cities Tour by boat of the spectacular Grand Harbour in Valletta and visits to the ancient cities of Senglea, Vittoriosa and Cospicua
- Syracusa Discover the ancient ruins in the Neapolis Archaeological Park and the attractive lanes and piazza's of Ortygia Island
Explore some of the most impressive and best preserved ancient sites in the Mediterranean on the diverse islands of Malta, Gozo and Sicily. See the stunning temples, experience the relaxed island lifestyle and sample delicious food and wine along the way. Megalithic Temples - Discover the UNESCO-Listed Ggantija, Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples Valley of the Temples - See Sicily's most famous Classical remains and the remarkable Doric architecture Erice - Experience this walled medieval hilltop town with its maze of narrow winding cobbled streets and quaint shops
Day 1 : Join trip at Malta International Airport and take the ferry to Gozo
Day 2 : Walking tour of Victoria and the Ggantija temples at Xaghra
Day 3 : Visit Dwejra and take a scenic walk to Xwejni Bay; ferry to Malta
Day 4 : Tour of Valletta Old City and visit Saint John's Co-Cathedral
Day 5 : Walking tour of the Three Cities and Grand Harbour cruise
Day 6 : Explore Hagar Qim Temples and enjoy a local food and wine tasting
Day 7 : Visit to Mdina, San Anton Botanical Gardens and the Mosta Dome
Day 8 : Fly from Malta to Sicily; evening arrival in Syracusa
Day 9 : Discover Syracusa's historic Neapolis and Ortygia Island
Day 10 : See the mosaics at Villa Romana del Casale and the Valley of the Temples
Day 11 : Explore Erice and the Greek ruins of Segesta en route to Palermo
Day 12 : Visit to the Palatine Chapel and Monreale Cathedral; free time in Palermo
Day 13 : Drive along the coast with a stop in Cefalu en route to Giardini Naxos
Day 14 : Chance to travel to Mount Etna; afternoon in Taormina
Day 15 : Trip ends in Giardini Naxos, Sicily
- 14 nights comfortable hotel
- 14 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Bus, Boat, Ferry
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Valletta and from Giardini Naxos are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Malta and Gozo Discovery + Classical Sicily tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 164 today.
- Earn US$ 109+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Malta and Gozo Discovery + Classical Sicily tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 311 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 23 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Malta and Gozo Discovery + Classical Sicily tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Malta and Gozo Discovery + Classical Sicily tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.