- duration 9 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Be amazed by the vast and blindingwhite salt flats of Uyuni
- Take fun perspective and proportiondistorted photos with your friends
- Witness the unique Salt Hotel, a hotel entirely made out of salt
If you are traveling to Bolivia, this is a day trip that can't be missed! Cruise along out-of-this-world landscapes and take incredible perspective photos in the world's largest salt flats.
The Salar de Uyuni or “salt flats” is one of the world's highest deserts, surrounded by mountains and volcanoes that reach 5000 meters above sea level.
Start your tour at 11:00 with a visit to Uyuni's 'train graveyard' to see the first locomotives in Bolivia. Then visit the small village of Colchani (salt miners workshops next to the salt flats) before continuing on to the great salt flats of Uyuni. Along the way, see many piles of salt and the 'eyes of the salt' (big holes in the salt flats where the water, from underneath this death lake, still comes out by high pressure). Take photos as you cruise along the vast white expanse of salt, and visit a hotel made completely of salt. After lunch, travel to Inca Huasi (Fish Island), in the middle of the salt flats, where you will have time to take a hike to the top of the island to see giant cactus and rock formations made of petrified coral. Take time to organize your group for fun perspective and proportion-distorted photos on the blinding white surface of the salt flats. Return back to Uyuni around 19:00pm, stopping along the way to enjoy a fantastic sunset in the Salar of Uyuni.
- Transportation in a Toyota land cruiser 4x4 drive
- Local driver & English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs)
- Tips for guide and driver (please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated)
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 5 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 29 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 12 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, water bottle, snacks, personal medication, camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit.
Please arrive at the local office for check-in and a briefing at 8:30 am.