- duration 9 hours
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-25561
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Be amazed by the vast and blinding-white salt flats of Uyuni
- Take fun perspective and proportion-distorted photos with your friends
- Witness the unique Salt Hotel, a hotel entirely made out of salt
If you are traveling to Bolivia, this is a day trip that can't be missed! Cruise along out-of-this-world landscapes and take incredible perspective photos in the world's largest salt flats.
The Salar de Uyuni or “salt flats” is one of the world's highest deserts, surrounded by mountains and volcanoes that reach 5000 meters above sea first stop will be Uyuni's 'train graveyard', to see the first locomotives in Bolivia. You’ll then visit the small settlement of Colchani (salt miners’ workshops next to the salt flats). Here, you’ll see handicrafts made of salt, and textile art made of llama and alpaca fiber. The tour will continue onto the great Salt Flats of Uyuni, which are at an altitude of 3650m. Take photos as you cruise along the vast white expanse of salt, see Los Ojos de Agua Salada (‘salt water eyes’) and then visit a hotel made completely of salt! This amazing place currently serves as a this jam-packed morning, after lunch you’ll carry on to “Isla Incahuasi” (Fish Island), where you will have time to take a hike to the top of the island to see giant cacti, and rock formations made of petrified coral. Make sure you and your group pose for some fun perspective- and proportion-distorted photos, taken against the backdrop of the striking white surface of the salt , we’ll head to a quiet place to see the beautiful sunset over the salt flats. Finish off at the village of Colchani, and finally, get back to Uyuni by 6:30 pm.
- Transportation in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack
- Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour
- Local driver and English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs) Please note that these costs are subject to change without prior notice.
- Tips for guide and driver (please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated)
- Toilets on the way (20 Bs approx)
- Personal toiletries
- 2 liter water bottle a day (can be purchased in places we visit)
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 April 2024, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uyuni Salt Flats Full Day Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols