- Polar expeditions and cruise
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This expedition focuses on the rare wildlife that calls Antarctica home. Travelling with Dr Ari Friedlaender and a team of researchers in peak humpback whale season, you’ll get the chance to learn about stateoftheart whale research techniques and marine conservation.
- On board the Ocean Endeavour, you'll get the chance to further your Antarctic knowledge with a series of onboard lectures from leading biologists, glaciologists and photographers.
- Consider enhancing your Antarctic wilderness adventure on a series of optional experiences, including kayaking expeditions, or for the brave, a polar plunge!
- Sleep soundly in the comfort of a fullyequipped polar vessel – the Ocean Endeavour – staffed with an enviable ratio of one expedition crew member to eight passengers, attending to all your needs.
Set sail on an exclusive polar voyage, together with Peregrine Adventures and the World Wildlife Fund – Australia (WWF-Australia), as you spend 11 days travelling to the Antarctic Peninsula. On board the Ocean Endeavour, cruise from Argentina towards Antarctica, participating in a comprehensive lecture program presented by biologists, geologists and WWF-Australia researchers, and enjoying onboard amenities such as a library, a bar and health and wellness facilities. As the Great White Continent comes into view, admire wildlife lazing on ice floes, whales breaching in icy waters and albatross flying high above as you embark on multiple shore landings. Enhanced with expert wildlife knowledge, personalised activities and a destination so remote, this once-in-a-lifetime journey is not to be missed.
Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Ushuaia – Disembarkation Day
- Hotel (1 night), Expedition Voyage (9 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , zodiac
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this WWF Giants of Antarctica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 289+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this WWF Giants of Antarctica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
WWF Giants of Antarctica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this WWF Giants of Antarctica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Joining you on this voyage is Dr Ari Friedlaender – a marine ecologist at UC Santa Cruz and the Californian Ocean Alliance. Dr Friedlaender’s work is currently focused on using tag technology to study the ecology and underwater behaviour of whales around the world, and the implications of climate change on these species. Having made over 35 trips to Antarctica over 20 years, he, along with an expert research team, is being supported by The Intrepid Foundation and WWF-Australia to join this polar voyage. The team will be continuing their research and data-gathering, along with advocacy for whale conservation.
- Although our ice-strengthened ships are large and sturdy, the Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some passengers may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings, so please be prepared with appropriate medications if you are affected by rough seas. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance during the voyage.
- Temperatures in the Antarctic can be freezing cold; however, it can get surprisingly warm – when the sun comes out, for instance, or with increased physical activity. It is best to dress in layers when you journey outside and we’ll provide you with waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please refer to the Essential Trip Information for notes on what to bring.
- Depending on the weather, you may be cruising in a small Zodiac boat quite regularly to explore the area and search for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you dress appropriately and keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed for wet and dry landings from the boat, as well as on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces.
- The Ocean Endeavour has a lift on board but some parts of the ship, such as the gangway, are only accessible by stairs.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and, although there is an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that your voyage will cover everything as planned. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area. There are hundreds of recognised landing sites in the Antarctic Peninsula, and as such, the places mentioned in the itinerary are subject to change.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements