- Visit the Antarctic fjords of Chile
- Experience incredible wildlife, stunning mountain scenery
- Enjoy different onboard activities while at sea
The Chilean Fjords, with mazes of inland passages, calving glaciers and stunning wildlife, count as one of nature’s greatest wonders. There is no greater way to experience this spectacle than from an expedition cruise. We invite you to enjoy this adventure in luxurious comfort onboard one of Albatros Expeditions’ new vessels.
Embarking in Argentinian Ushuaia, we immediately enter Chilean water and head for Cape Horn, the southernmost headland of the Tierra del Fuego archipelago, followed by the passage of “Glacier Alley”, a most fascinating part of the Beagle Channel. Countless glaciers carve their way from Darwin Ice Field down to the sea.
We continue deep inland to Puerto Natales where we will join a coach trip to sky soaring Torres del Paine. Further north are some of the most remote and stunningly located fishing settlements in Chile. Roadless Puerto Edén in Canal Messier, and beautiful Caleta Tortel, with houses and walkways built on thousands of stilts. On the green island of Chiloé we will visit one of Chile’s oldest towns, Castro, famous for its huge wooden cathedral, Church of San Francisco.
Putting the fjord labyrinths behind us, our adventure continues towards the Pacific as we cruise north to disembark in Valparaíso.
Albatros Expeditions’ newly built cruise ships are luxury class expedition vessels with room for just under 175 passengers - all in exterior staterooms and many with balconies. The ship has modern interiors, wonderful public areas, the highest ice-class and sea safety certifications, as well as electronically controlled engines to optimize speed and fuel consumption.
Day 1: Ushuaia arrival
Day 2: Ushuaia: Tierra del Fuego excursion & board the cruise
Day 3: See glaciers around Garibaldi Fjord
Day 4: Fort Bulnes
Day 5: Cruise through the Strait of Magellan
Day 6: Puerto Natales: Torres del Paine National Park
Day 7: Navigate narrow waterways
Day 8: See Brüggen Glacier
Day 9: Caleta Tortel
Day 10: At sea toward Castro
Day 11: Castro, Chile
Day 12: Isla Mocha
Day 13: At sea towards Valparaíso
Day 14: Valparaíso disembarkation & farewell
- Shuttle transfer from city centre to ship (Ushuaia)
- All Zodiac landings and excursions as per itinerary
- Rubber boot rentals
- Guiding and lectures by our expedition leader and team
- Near-shore guided walks in towns and settlements
- English-speaking expedition team
- Full board on the ship - breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon snacks
- Free tea and coffee 24 hours’ daily
- Guiding and lectures by our experienced expedition leader and team
- Special photo workshop
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Digital visual journal link after voyage, including voyage log, gallery, species list and more!
- 14-days´ cruise with accommodation in a shared outside double stateroom with private facilities
- Complimentary house wine, beer and soda at dinner (selected labels and brands, served at our a-la-carte dinners)
- International flights
- Visa charges
- Travel insurance
- Extra excursions and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Single room supplement and stateroom upgrades
- Meals except those on board the ship
- Beverages (other than coffee and tea)
- Tips for the crew (we recommend USD 14 per person per day)
- Anything not mentioned under ’Inclusions’
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Earn US$ 203+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.