- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 134
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Meet hardy locals and spot unique wildlife in the Falkland Islands.
- Explore abandoned whaling stations and visit Shackleton’s grave.
- Walk quietly amongst king penguins and watch them surf onto the beach.
- Learn about the environment and ecology from industry experts.
Experience vast penguin rookeries and seal colonies on this awe-inspiring voyage to Antarctica, South Georgia, and the Falkland Islands. This 21-day voyage illuminates Ernest Shackleton’s legend and recounts his courageous exploration of Antarctica. You’ll visit historical sites of past explorers, as well as Shackleton’s final resting place — the wildlife-rich island of South Georgia. Antarctica is beyond comprehension and sure to amaze any traveller seeking a true adventure to the world’s most remote wilderness.
Day 1: Ushuaia
Day 2: Ushuaia/Drake Passage
Day 3: Drake Passage/South Shetland Islands
Day 4: Drake Passage/South Shetland Islands
Day 5: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 6: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 7: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 8: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 9: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 10: Antarctic Peninsula/Scotia Sea
Day 11: Antarctic Peninsula/Scotia Sea
Day 12: Scotia Sea/South Georgia
Day 13: Scotia Sea/South Georgia
Day 14: Scotia Sea/South Georgia
Day 15: Scotia Sea/South Georgia
Day 16: South Georgia/Southern Ocean
Day 17: South Georgia/Southern Ocean
Day 18: Southern Ocean/Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 19: Southern Ocean/Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 20: Falkland Islands/Beagle Channel/Ushuaia
Day 21: Ushuaia
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the G Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window, 19 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
20 breakfasts, 18 lunches, 19 dinners
Note: Allow USD25-35 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- G Expedition, Zodiac, private bus, walking.
- One expedition team member per 10 guests.
- 19 nts aboard the G Expedition
- 1 nt hotel in Ushuaia, on a twin share basis
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spirit of Shackleton tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spirit of Shackleton tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spirit of Shackleton tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spirit of Shackleton tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 10 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : MarineSmall-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.