- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 176
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- With regular Zodiac excursions along the Antarctic and South Georgia coastline, you will be in the best position to spot abundant species of whales, seabirds, seals and penguins.
- Take to land on multiple shore excursions, where you can walk on beaches teeming with thousands of king penguins in some of the largest rookeries in the world at South Georgia.
- Participate in a range of lectures and presentations from leading experts on board your vessel to learn more about the wildlife, history, geology and glaciology of the regions you will explore.
- Test yourself and push your boundaries with the option to take a refreshing polar plunge, experiencing the ultimate immersion into Antarctic waters.
Voyage to the depths of the globe as you embark on a once-in-a-lifetime cruising expedition to the remote shores of South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Leaving from Ushuaia. experience this rugged location in comfort on board a fully equipped expedition vessel and you learn about the area's history and wildlife from your expert team of scientists and researchers. As you cruise in Zodiacs and set foot on land, visit South Georgia’s king penguin rookeries, take polar hikes in Antarctica and spot multiple species of seals, birds and whales along the way. This is untouched wilderness and unforgettable wildlife at its finest.
Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Ushuaia – Disembarkation Day
- Expedition cruise ship 14 nights, Comfortable hotel 1 night
- 15 Breakfasts, 13 Lunches, 14 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , Plane , Zodiac
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula from Ushuaia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 675 today.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula from Ushuaia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula from Ushuaia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Georgia and Antarctic Peninsula from Ushuaia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Although our ice strengthened ships are big and sturdy, Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. Please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Antarctic are freezing. A warm parka will be provided along with waterproof boots and unlimited hot drinks, but you should also bring base layers and lots of warm clothing. Please see 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. Some ships have a lot of stairs, so please hold on to the handrails if seas are rough.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially to such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are equally as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The onboard library and educational lectures are ideal ways for keeping entertained.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers