- Trekking and Hiking
- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 134
- guiding method Self-guided
- Tour Code BM-5312
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Spend seven full days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Go farther south than most have ever gone.
- Spend time on deck searching for whales and watching soaring albatross.
- Get up close and personal with a variety of penguin species.
- Discover the intricacies of the Antarctic region through our on-board lecture program
A massive rookery of penguins shuffles across a frozen shore; a pod of whales glides through frigid waters; dramatic landscapes float off in the distance — welcome to Antarctica. Join us on a voyage of discovery to our planet’s last frontier — a mysterious and virtually pristine paradise. Our ice-strengthened expedition ship is ideally suited to cruising this icy wilderness, and her expert staff are on hand to ensure you’ll fully appreciate all the majesty you encounter. Sail the Drake Passage past the South Shetland Islands, then really explore the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula. Prepare yourself for an adventure like no other — more like a private expedition than a traditional cruise.
Day 1: Ushuaia
Day 2: Ushuaia/Drake Passage
Day 3 - 4: Drake Passage/South Shetland Islands
Day 5 - 6: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 7 - 8: Antarctic Peninsula/Antarctic Circle
Day 9 - 11: Antarctic Circle/Drake Passage
Day 12: Drake Passage
Day 13: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 14: Ushuaia
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the G Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window, 12 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
13 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 12 dinners
Note: Allow USD25-35 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- G Expedition, Zodiac, private bus, walking.
- One expedition team member per 10 guests.
- 12 nts aboard the G Expedition. 1 nt hotel in Ushuaia, on a twin share basis. Arrival and departure transfers. Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team. Lectures and educational programs. Waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 - 16. Expedition parka.
- 12 nts aboard the G Expedition
- 1 nt hotel in Ushuaia, on a twin share basis
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Quest for the Antarctic Circle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 247+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Quest for the Antarctic Circle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Quest for the Antarctic Circle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Quest for the Antarctic Circle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.