- duration 20 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Wander the quaint British town of Stanley in the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
- See South Georgia’s incredible wildlife, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species
- Follow in the wake of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages to South Georgia and pause for a moment at his grave site
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and foot
The Falklands (Malvinas), South Georgia & Antarctica itinerary is the fastest way to get to the rarely visited Falkland Islands and South Georgia before stepping foot on the 7th Continent. Stroll the quaint English village of Stanley in the Falklands, wander the islands’ sandy dunes, and birdwatch at rugged seabird cliffs. In South Georgia, discover the beaches where king penguins breed – one of the highest densities of animal life on earth – and learn about the rich historical legacy of the places you visit. Both islands are known as meccas for wildlife with epic displays of animals congregating by the thousands. Then, explore the stunning Antarctic Peninsula and enter a world of ice, snow and natural wonders. Pursue your personal passions with a choice of rewarding activities and our extensive educational program.
Day 1 : Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2 : Embarkation Day
Day 3 : At Sea
Days 4 and 5 : Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Days 6 and 7 : At Sea
Days 8 to 11 : South Georgia
Days 12 and 13 : At Sea
Days 14 to 17 : South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Days 18 and 19 : Crossing the Drake Passage
Day 20 : Disembarkation in Ushuaia
- 1 Breakfast
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
The Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht, and one of the largest of our small expView Ship Details
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favorite among guests and crew who’ve appreciatedView Ship Details
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World ExpView Ship Details
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.