- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 88
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ushuaia – The starting point of your expedition cruise to Antarctica, this busy Argentine port city is the southernmost city in the world and a stunning place to spend a night at the start and end of your cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula
- Beagle Channel – Set sail along the famous Beagle Channel and scenic Mackinlay Pass from Ushuaia as you begin your Antarctic adventure, passing by spectacular snowcapped peaks and colonies of penguins and fur seals gathered on rocky outcrops
- Drake Passage – A historically challenging channel of water which marks the location of the Antarctic Convergence, where the warmer waters of the north meet the cold polar waters of the south resulting in incredible biodiversity of marine life
- The South Shetland Islands – A crucial stop on any Antarctic expedition, this spectacular archipelago is made up of islands, islets and rock outcrops, each with their own population of penguins and seals with plenty of opportunity to spot marine life offshore too
Embark on a classic expedition to Antarctica from Ushuaia, through the scenic Beagle Channel and across the infamous Drake Passage to the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. With two shore landings per day, set foot on the continent proper, get up close with the region’s wildlife and learn about the area from the expedition crew and lecturers.
Day: 1 Ushuaia
Day: 2-3 The Drake Passage
Day: 4-7 South Shetland Islands
Day: 8-9 Crossing the Drake Passage
Day: 10 Ushuaia
- 9 nights onboard the Ushuaia in a Standard twin cabin with semi-private facilities - two cabins share one bathroom accessible from both cabins (shower and wc). Each cabin is also equipped with its own washbasin. Cabin upgrades with private facilities are available on request
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners
- Two shore excursions per day to the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands by zodiac (ice conditions permitting)
- Program of lectures by expert naturalists
- Experienced expedition staff
- All service taxes and port charges
- International flights and visas
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Drinks on board the Ushuaia
- Tips for the expedition staff and naturalists
- Pre and post tour accommodation, plus any airport or port transfers
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 188+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Antarctica - 10 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 95 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 94 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 January 2022, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 94 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Antarctica - 10 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Antarctica - 10 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.