- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The festive season is one of the most active times for wildlife and there are plenty of opportunities to see penguins, seals and whales with the midnight sun and our expert polar team leading the way
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. In addition to regular Zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crewtopassenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Peregrine expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
Take the Christmas holiday of a lifetime – an 11-day expedition exploring the wonders of Antarctica, the Great White Continent. Set foot on the Antarctic Peninsula, spot seals resting on the icefloe and witness seabirds nesting along the great landscapes that must be seen to be believed. Marvel at the surrounds of the ice-capped mountain ranges and be inspired as you explore bays filled with immense icebergs and glaciers. Visit penguin rookeries, spot minke and humpback whales and enjoy regular Zodiac excursions for up-close wildlife encounters. After a day of exploration, relax in in the ship’s heated saltwater pool, sauna or book into the health spa on board. Onboard experts, ample space and five-star lashings make this a Christmas adventure to remember.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Antarctic Peninsula & Christmas Day
- 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , zodiac
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Christmas in Antarctica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 412 today.
- Earn US$ 274+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Christmas in Antarctica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Christmas in Antarctica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Christmas in Antarctica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Although our ice strengthened ships are big and sturdy, Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. Please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Antarctic can be freezing. We provide you with waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please see the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information for details on what to bring.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. The Ocean Endeavour has a lift, but you will need to take stairs to get to the gangway and some other parts of the ship that the lift does not provide access to.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure, and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are equally as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The onboard library and educational lectures are ideal ways for keeping entertained.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements