- Polar expeditions and cruise
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This is the extended 11day version of our classic Antarctica cruise, perfect for firsttime explorers or seasoned adventurers. With an extra day on the Antarctic Peninsula, you will experience more of the Great White Continent.
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. In addition to regular Zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crewtopassenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Peregrine expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
Experience the pinnacle of expedition travel – Antarctica. It’s a place of extremes, where wildlife and landscapes unfold like nowhere else in the world. The extraordinary islands around the Antarctic peninsula provide a stunning reward for those who conquer the Drake passage. Be among orca and humpback whales, hear cracking glaciers pierce the Antarctic silence, and experience, with all the senses, scenes that seem windows to another world. Regular excursions by Zodiac, plus a state-of-the-art ship with health and wellness facilities, ensure this 11-day Antarctic voyage will be a talking point with friends and family for years to come.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Ushuaia – Disembarkation Day
- 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , zodiac
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Antarctica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 199+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Antarctica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Antarctica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Antarctica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Although our ice strengthened ships are big and sturdy, Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. Please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on-board should you need further assistance.
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Antarctic can be freezing. And yet it can get surprisingly warm at times – when the sun comes out, for instance, or with increased physical activity. It is wise to dress in layers when you journey outside. We provide you with waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please see the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information for further details on what to bring.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. Some ships have a lot of stairs, so please hold on to the handrails if seas are rough.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially to such a remote area. Keep in mind the landing sites listed in the itinerary may change. The wellness centre, onboard library and educational lectures are ideal ways for keeping entertained during downtime.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements