- Polar expeditions and cruise
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Travel with experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history. They’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- With optional adventures including ice camping and kayaking, and rare touches of fivestar luxury thanks to an onboard spa and wellness centre, this is as good as Antarctic expedition travel gets.
- Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have one expedition crew member for every eight passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, serves sustainably sourced seafood and avoids singleuse plastics.
This special polar voyage sees you taking to the high seas. Before too long you’ll be exploring the frosted beauty of Antarctica, observing penguin colonies that number in the thousands and looking for whales in deeper water. Travel in sustainable style on the Ocean Endeavour, tracing the same path as legendary explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton – including Elephant Island. Watch everything turn to white as you enter the waters around the frozen continent on this rare expedition.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Day 1: Ushuaia
Day 2: Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Day 3-4: Drake Passage
Day 5-7: Antarctic Peninsula
Day 8: Elephant Island
Day 9-11: At Sea
Day 12-15: South Georgia
Day 16-17: At Sea
Day 18-19: Falkland Islands
Day 20: At Sea
Day 21: Puerto Madryn
- 1 night comfortable hotel, 19 nights expedition cruise ship
- 20 Breakfasts, 18 Lunches, 19 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , zodiac
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to Ushuaia and from Puerto Madryn are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctica, South Georgia & Falklands Odyssey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 637 today.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctica, South Georgia & Falklands Odyssey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Antarctica, South Georgia & Falklands Odyssey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctica, South Georgia & Falklands Odyssey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Our ice-strengthened ships are big and sturdy, but the Antarctic waters can still be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. There is a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- Weather is extreme in the world’s southernmost continent. We’ll provide you with the waterproof boots and an expedition parka, but you should be prepared with lots of layers. Please see the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
- Depending on the weather, you’ll be zipping around in a Zodiac boat quite regularly to explore the area and search for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac and sturdy sea legs are needed for wet and dry landings from the boat.
- People with reduced mobility may have difficulty participating in all included activities. On land you’ll be walking over steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. The Ocean Endeavour has a lift, but you’ll need to take the stairs to get to the gangway and some other parts of the ship that the lift does not provide access to.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure, and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area. We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
The Intrepid Foundation
Climate and seasonal