- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 189
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the fascinating history of the Falkland Islands
- Explore South Georgia, with its remarkable history and spectacular wildlife
- Visit the stunning Antarctic Peninsula
- Incredible wildlife viewing including seabirds, penguins, seals and whales
The journey begins in the Falklands with its large population of Rockhopper and Magellanic penguins, along with Black-browed albatross. In South Georgia, the ship threads her way through magical fjords to Salisbury Plain and Gold Harbour, places so remote that they have evolved into astonishing wildlife havens boasting a 100,000-plus population of King penguins on their beaches.The voyage continues to an enchanted world of icebergs and ice-covered mountains in the bays and channels of the Antarctic Peninsula. This is home to an extraordinary array of wildlife: penguins of almost all descriptions, Leopard and smaller seals, and three or four species of whales.
Day 1: Board ship and sail along the Beagle Channel.
Day 2: Sail east towards the Falkland Islands.
Day 3-4: Falkland Islands.
At sea sailing towards South Georgia.
At sea sailing towards the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic
South Shetlands and Antarctic Peninsula.
Sail back through the Drake Passage.
Disembark and end in Ushuaia.
- 18 nights on the ship, 1 night in hotel in Ushuaia , All accommodation
- Beer and wine during dinner (except departures on Akademik Ioffe)
- All transport and listed activities
- We can include flights from the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
- Expedition cruising in comfortable conditions
- All meals while on the ship
- Full complement of qualified Expedition Staff
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctica, Falklands & South Georgia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctica, Falklands & South Georgia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Antarctica, Falklands & South Georgia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctica, Falklands & South Georgia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.