- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Antarctica, the land of ice and snow with OceanWide Expeditions
- Look out for penguins, blueeyed shags & humpback whales while crossing Lemaire Channel
- Enjoy kayaking, camping & snowshoeing in Port Lockroy
- Prices may vary without notice, request for any possible promotion available
Enjoy a variety of activities throughout the duration of the tour (subject to weather conditions). Take a casual stroll along polar shores or challenge yourself with snowshoeing on the polar ice. Paddle your way through the freezing waters and explore the shorelines of the Antarctic. Strap on the crampons and climb a polar lookout to see more of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Camp out under the southern skies and breathe in the cleanest air in the world. Believe us when we say that words aren´t enough: amazing landscapes and a variety of land and sea creatures, from whales to penguins, await you in Antarctica. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
So nice to hear from you! We loved our trip to Argentina! I would be happy to answer your questions and to write a review on Trip Advisor.
1. We chose Say Hueque because a friend had used your service a couple of years ago and was very pleased with your service and she highly recommended your company. I had looked into using 2 other tour companies and they sent us their proposals but we felt the Say Hueque was the best itenarary and the best price.
2. It is hard to say what the best was, because it was all so good. We loved being met at the airport and taken to our hotels and on the return being picked up at the hotel and taken to the airport and also had our boarding passes which was so nice. The guides would take us into the airport, make sure we were in the right line, etc. Always very nice and helpful. Everything was seamless, very organized, if there was a change in a pick up time our hotel was notified so we never were waiting around.
3. We really enjoyed each of the hotels, in Buenos Aires the LHotel was in a great location, rooms were small but clean and it was such a quiet, peaceful place in a busy city. The Jasy Hotel room was huge and at first very warm, but the air conditioner worked great and got it cooled down so it was very comfortable. The Lares De Chacra was very nice, again a quiet and peaceful setting. The room was large and well laid out and the restaurant there was excellent. The Ayres Del Nahuel Hotel in Bariloche was a good location and the room was nice and clean. It did not have much character, but it certainly was fine. The Puesto Viejo was fabulous….we loved having this quiet time at the end of our trip. It was so beautiful, the food was great and the setting was so nice. The polo lessons were so much fun and the stay was very enjoyable.
4. It is hard to say what our favorite excursion was, because we enjoyed each of them very much. The polo was so much fun! The tours in Bariloche were great and we saw so much of the country side, all or which is so beautiful. We loved your tour of Buenos Aires, the wine tours were great too and the Falls were fabulous as well.
5. You were a great guide and we really appreciated having you as a contact person. We also like Juan in the wine country, he was very knowledgeable about wines and the history of the wine country. The driver there was also a delight, Antonio. Julio at the Polo ranch was very nice, patient and pleasant and we enjoyed him very much.
6. I really cannot think of any need improvements. We would not have changed anything about our trip I don't think. Probably the least favorite was the long day in Uruguay….we would have enjoyed seeing more of the area than just Colonia, it was interesting but really only needed half a day, not an entire day and evening. Wish we would have rented a car and driven around some or done something more there.
We would happily give your tour company a five star rating and we would be happy to give recommendations to people if you want refer people to us.
Thank you so much and if/when we are ready for another trip to South America we would use you again.”
You did a wonderful job. It is another amazing part of beautiful Argentina. Thank you soo much!
We will send everyone we know to you for side trips.”
All hotels were good but Rio Serrano in Torres Del Paine was great. Our favourite excursion was the hiking in El Chalten and the mini-trekking on PMoreno- are unique !
Thanks for all info, help and the organization of our trip!”
Day 1: Ushuaia arrival
Day 2: Drake Passage
Day 3: Drake Passage
Day 4: Antarctica: Neumayer Channel
Day 5: Antarctica: Port Lockroy
Day 6: Antarctica: Pleneau & Petermann Islands
Day 7: Antarctica: Neko Harbour
Day 8: Antarctica: Paradise Bay
Day 9: Errera Channel & return to Drake Passage
Day 10: Drake Passage
Day 11: Drake Passage continues
Day 12: Ushuaia departure
- Voyage aboard the vessel as per the itinerary
- All meals throughout the duration of the voyage, including snacks, coffee and tea
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- Experienced expedition staff aboard the vessel
- Luggage transfer from the pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation in Ushuaia
- Service taxes and port charges
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- All offered activities (camping, kayaking, snowshoe/hiking, mountaineering, photo workshop) as well as standard shore excursions and zodiac trips during our “Basecamp” departures
- Airfare: whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pickup transfer to the starting point of the trip. Drop-off transfer other than the scheduled group transfer at the end of the tour
- Pre- and post-trip arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore. Bar and beverage charges
- Mandatory baggage cancellation and travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- All expenses that are personal in nature, including laundry and telephone
- Customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided)
- Anything mentioned 'optional' on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- Save US$ 348+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that the cruise operator has its own cancellation policy as per the below: The cruise vessel used during this trip is Oceanwide Expeditions. All itineraries are for guidance only. Programs may vary depending on local ice, weather, and wildlife conditions. The on-board expedition leader will determine the final itinerary. The customer may cancel the travel contract (booking) exclusively in writing at any time before the trip starts. In case of cancellation by the customer, the operator is entitled to charge the following cancellation fees to the contracting party: Up to and including 90 days prior to departure: 20 % of the total price From 89 days up to and including 60 days prior to departure: 50 % of the total price From 59 days up to and including the day of departure: 100 % of the total price . Prices may vary according to departure dates, type of cruise and type of cabin. It is necessary to check availability before confirming the trip. We recommend adding one night before the trip starts and one after it has come to an end in Ushuaia (additional cost). Please let us know and we will help you with this