- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 15
- Explore Antarctica, the land of ice and snow with OceanWide Expeditions
- Look out for penguins, blueeyed shags & humpback whales while crossing Lemaire Channel
- Enjoy kayaking, camping & snowshoeing in Port Lockroy
- Prices may vary without notice, request for any possible promotion available
Enjoy a variety of activities throughout the duration of the tour (subject to weather conditions). Take a casual stroll along polar shores or challenge yourself with snowshoeing on the polar ice. Paddle your way through the freezing waters and explore the shorelines of the Antarctic. Strap on the crampons and climb a polar lookout to see more of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Camp out under the southern skies and breathe in the cleanest air in the world. Believe us when we say that words aren´t enough: amazing landscapes and a variety of land and sea creatures, from whales to penguins, await you in Antarctica. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
We would love to give you some comments.
Quick replies and feedback and great options in organizing the trip exactly the way we wanted it to be. We have seen so many beautiful sights and places that we will remember for the rest of our lives and your help at the bus station was top noch, we would never have managed without you.
Best hotel was the Marcopolo in Iguazu , very nice and clean and nice staff helpful ( Maybe the sun and the 29 degrees helped the good feeling for this place :)
All the other places have also been very good we are very satisfied . If tf there is one thing we would like to mention it is the breakfast time at the last Hotel Salta Por Siempre. It does not start until 08:00 and most of the tours start 07.30 so that was a little minus .
All the tours and tourguides have been perfect. They all spoke good english and made us feel like a part of the trip even when we were the only english speaking persons. They all waited for us at the airports and they were very helpful and knowledgeble.
All in all we give you 5 stars out of 5 possible and we couldent ask for a better time in Argentina
Today our adventure continues to Tupiza Bolivia.
Thanks again and many hugs from us !”
If we need to mention a guide, Agostina from Say Hueque and Martin from Biking BA were both really great.
We need to mention that we did not like the Southern Spirit Trek in El Calafate. Almost all the time was spent in transit on the bus and inside the boat or waiting. We had only 45 minutes at Perito Moreno which is a bit of a joke given the tour lasted for 9 hours. Also, we enjoyed La Ventura tango show but felt it was a bit too touristic, so we wondered if more authentic ways exist to experience tango (maybe not).”
Day 1: Ushuaia arrival
Day 2: Drake Passage
Day 3: Drake Passage
Day 4: Antarctica: Neumayer Channel
Day 5: Antarctica: Port Lockroy
Day 6: Antarctica: Pleneau & Petermann Islands
Day 7: Antarctica: Neko Harbour
Day 8: Antarctica: Paradise Bay
Day 9: Errera Channel & return to Drake Passage
Day 10: Drake Passage
Day 11: Drake Passage continues
Day 12: Ushuaia departure
- Voyage aboard the vessel as per the itinerary
- All meals throughout the duration of the voyage, including snacks, coffee and tea
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- Experienced expedition staff aboard the vessel
- Luggage transfer from the pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation in Ushuaia
- Service taxes and port charges
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- All offered activities (camping, kayaking, snowshoe/hiking, mountaineering, photo workshop) as well as standard shore excursions and zodiac trips during our “Basecamp” departures
- Airfare: whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pickup transfer to the starting point of the trip. Drop-off transfer other than the scheduled group transfer at the end of the tour
- Pre- and post-trip arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore. Bar and beverage charges
- Mandatory baggage cancellation and travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- All expenses that are personal in nature, including laundry and telephone
- Customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided)
- Anything mentioned 'optional' on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that the cruise operator has its own cancellation policy as per the below: The cruise vessel used during this trip is Oceanwide Expeditions. All itineraries are for guidance only. Programs may vary depending on local ice, weather, and wildlife conditions. The on-board expedition leader will determine the final itinerary. The customer may cancel the travel contract (booking) exclusively in writing at any time before the trip starts. In case of cancellation by the customer, the operator is entitled to charge the following cancellation fees to the contracting party: Up to and including 90 days prior to departure: 20 % of the total price From 89 days up to and including 60 days prior to departure: 50 % of the total price From 59 days up to and including the day of departure: 100 % of the total price . Prices may vary according to departure dates, type of cruise and type of cabin. It is necessary to check availability before confirming the trip. We recommend adding one night before the trip starts and one after it has come to an end in Ushuaia (additional cost). Please let us know and we will help you with this COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Group tours will be reduced to smaller sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.