- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Antarctica, the land of ice and snow with OceanWide Expeditions
- Look out for penguins, blueeyed shags & humpback whales while crossing Lemaire Channel
- Enjoy kayaking, camping & snowshoeing in Port Lockroy
- Prices may vary without notice, request for any possible promotion available
Enjoy a variety of activities throughout the duration of the tour (subject to weather conditions). Take a casual stroll along polar shores or challenge yourself with snowshoeing on the polar ice. Paddle your way through the freezing waters and explore the shorelines of the Antarctic. Strap on the crampons and climb a polar lookout to see more of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Camp out under the southern skies and breathe in the cleanest air in the world. Believe us when we say that words aren´t enough: amazing landscapes and a variety of land and sea creatures, from whales to penguins, await you in Antarctica. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
the breakfast had freshly squeezed orange juice, the hotel clerk was so nice and the building was so different. We also liked Lares de Chacra in Chacras de Coria outside of Mendoza.
We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool and they provided a glass of wine which we enjoyed on our balcony. We also found L'Hotel Palermo to be very nice in Buenos Aires. the desk clerk was great
and they had a nice breakfast. We really enjoyed all the tours that you provided for us. The hotel in Bariloche I would not recommend, Costas del Nahuel, - I spent the entire day writing reviews on Trip Advisor and so now I am worn out. That hotel
needed new carpets and the only good thing was it had a nice view of the lake but the breakfast was also quite bad. The hotel in Puerto Iguazu - Posada del Jacaranda was also very nice and only 2 years old.
Everything your agency did was great, the guides all met us at the airport as planned. We really liked the wine guide, Vicente R. Cardusa through Sak Wine tours, he is very knowledgable and very personable.
WE truly enjoyed all the excursions since they all involved beautiful countryside and views which is what we enjoy. I think it is very important when traveling the Andes up to Purmamarca to spend the night there.
Most people do this all in one day from Salta and I am glad you recommended that we stay in Purmamarca, it is also such a lovely small town. We are so glad we had time to do some small hike near by our hotel too.
Thank you for the recipes I certainly will try them!!!!”
We are back in the US and have reflected on our fabulous trip. Thank you and Sayhueque for a wonderful tour. We loved the program, the guide (Ava) and the hotels! We appreciate all your work, help and guidance in making this a special 60th birthday journey.”
I would say our highlight were the good guides who gave lots of information. We only stayed in e one hotel, the Don Tomas hotel in San Pedro.
We had short excursions and one large: the three day 4wd to Uyuni. The El Tunio exursions was great. Early to get up but worth it. The 4wd tour was awesome with highlights and depths (the overnight stay in the refugee: 'basic' accommodation was an understatement). Although an experience, it took many hours to recover from it.
I forgot the name of the guide to the El Tunio geysers - he was awesome (I believe he is an San Pedro artist). He gave lots of information, in Spanish and English and full of humor!”
Day 1: Ushuaia arrival
Day 2: Drake Passage
Day 3: Drake Passage
Day 4: Antarctica: Neumayer Channel
Day 5: Antarctica: Port Lockroy
Day 6: Antarctica: Pleneau & Petermann Islands
Day 7: Antarctica: Neko Harbour
Day 8: Antarctica: Paradise Bay
Day 9: Errera Channel & return to Drake Passage
Day 10: Drake Passage
Day 11: Drake Passage continues
Day 12: Ushuaia departure
- Voyage aboard the vessel as per the itinerary
- All meals throughout the duration of the voyage, including snacks, coffee and tea
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- Experienced expedition staff aboard the vessel
- Luggage transfer from the pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation in Ushuaia
- Service taxes and port charges
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- All offered activities (camping, kayaking, snowshoe/hiking, mountaineering, photo workshop) as well as standard shore excursions and zodiac trips during our “Basecamp” departures
- Airfare: whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pickup transfer to the starting point of the trip. Drop-off transfer other than the scheduled group transfer at the end of the tour
- Pre- and post-trip arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore. Bar and beverage charges
- Mandatory baggage cancellation and travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- All expenses that are personal in nature, including laundry and telephone
- Customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided)
- Anything mentioned 'optional' on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- Save US$ 350+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that the cruise operator has its own cancellation policy as per the below: The cruise vessel used during this trip is Oceanwide Expeditions. All itineraries are for guidance only. Programs may vary depending on local ice, weather, and wildlife conditions. The on-board expedition leader will determine the final itinerary. The customer may cancel the travel contract (booking) exclusively in writing at any time before the trip starts. In case of cancellation by the customer, the operator is entitled to charge the following cancellation fees to the contracting party: Up to and including 90 days prior to departure: 20 % of the total price From 89 days up to and including 60 days prior to departure: 50 % of the total price From 59 days up to and including the day of departure: 100 % of the total price . Prices may vary according to departure dates, type of cruise and type of cabin. It is necessary to check availability before confirming the trip. We recommend adding one night before the trip starts and one after it has come to an end in Ushuaia (additional cost). Please let us know and we will help you with this